Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:20 PM

Time for a break..

For a while now, we've been fed up and need to re-charge the batteries, so we decided to take a break from all the politics, bunny hugging, allegations of child abuse and anthropomorphism etc.
Last week we sorted out a holiday (at fairly short notice) for the next couple of weeks .

We're off to Germany to .....
Do some clothes shopping in C&A, Kaufhof, Karstadt etc..
Buy loads of Maggi & Nestle products in the Maggi Kochstudio
Browse round the WMF shop for kitchen utensils and new kitchen knives.
Spend a day at Frankfurt Zoo
Drink lots of beer and wine, and eat lots of pork and veal.
Visit our old stomping grounds round the small towns of the Rhine & Mosel valleys

AND... find a Konditorei or two and blow our diets with some obscenely calorific slices of gateau.

We did all the bookings ourselves using Expedia & Trivago. Worth noting that 'budget' airlines and 'low cost' holidays are sometimes a lot dearer than national carriers and hotel chains.

By coincidence, our daughters are also off on their travels. DD1 has a short exchange lectureship with Prague university and DD2 and her OH are off to Lisbon for a spring break. Mrs. Grumble and DD1 are also off to Porto in the summer to drink lots of port!

We're not taking phones (don't work abroad anyway), laptop etc... so hopefully nobody will want to contact us.
We will take our cameras and hopefully get a few pix.
Anyway, don't ban too many things while I'm away. See you in a couple of weeks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:24 PM

Re: Time for a break..

George, I hope you and Mrs Grumble have a lovely holiday in Germany.

Don't forget the photos for us
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:32 PM

Sounds wonderful G. Have a brilliant time and thoroughly spoil yourselves.

Until I rid myself of this gout I cannot step outside the door so just endure....has anyone any idea of how to avoid eating anything that really is a no no for gout. I have just succumbed to a red salmon sandwich and I know it was wrong! I have been drinking cherry juice but it goes straight through me and I haven't touched anything else likely to make it worse.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:48 PM

Enjoy yourselves, be happy and eat and drink far too much.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:49 PM

Have a Weiner Snitzel for me George......oh, and ein bier !
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:59 PM

Sincerest sympathies Moyra. I've had what the doc diagnosed as 'probably gout' and it was very painful. I needed a bit of physiotherapy afterwards, but the physio said that it didn't look like gout, more like an inflamation of the wrist joint. The doc just said that the gout caused the inflamation!
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 05:23 PM

Yes G, gout is a form of arthritis and can attack any joint, usually feet tho. Always has inflammation and swelling too and as you say extremely painful.

Have a great time in Germany!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 05:26 PM

Have a lovely time George and I hope you return feeling renewed
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 05:30 PM

Have a nice holiday ! Don't forget to come back
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 05:30 PM

Good for you George, I wish you and your good lady a great time and a safe journey, enjoy yourselves!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top