Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 12:46 PM

Animal lovers...

As an animal lover Im am horrified by the number of the 'cute' slow loris videos being shared by my friends on FB.
So Im sharing a few truths ..
No, its not nice but it needs to be known what goes into getting the cute videos..

Im begging people to please stop sharing these videos via FB .

In doing so you are inadvertantly giving animal trafficers and animal abusers a platform to share their vile trade..

The slow loris and other related animals are not cute pets they are beautiful wild animals and should be left to roam the forests not be caged and poked by humans..

Please if you see these videos inform whoever is sharing them of the truth behind the pet trade.

http://primatesnotpets.tumblr.com/po...e-horror-story
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Re: Animal lovers...

Another reason I think face book needs closing they encourage this they really do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 01:01 PM

A great many animals suffer at the hands of man Cass, I agree. Everytime there is another whim or craze started, like Harry Potter and white owls, or a 'Celebrity' with a new pet, more creatures suffer.
Sometimes I blame parents too, for giving in to their kids "wants" and buying unsuitable pets in the first place.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by julie1962 ->
another reason i think face book needs closing they encourage this they really do.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 01:42 PM

Im with you all the way Cass, human race top of the pile exploiting all around.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A great many animals suffer at the hands of man Cass, I agree. Everytime there is another whim or craze started, like Harry Potter and white owls, or a 'Celebrity' with a new pet, more creatures suffer.
Sometimes I blame parents too, for giving in to their kids "wants" and buying unsuitable pets in the first place.
True , this time Ive seen that Rhianna (the singer) had one and its going to be Justin Biebers monkey all over again..

Luckily this poor little mite is now in the care of professionals at a zoo.

With dogs they say the worst thing that can happen for a breed is for it to be in a film or win crufts.. Then everyone wants one and every back yard breeder is churning them out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=Cass;615985]True , this time Ive seen that Rhianna (the singer) had one and its going to be Justin Biebers monkey all over again..

Luckily this poor little mite is now in the care of professionals at a zoo.

With dogs they say the worst thing that can happen for a breed is for it to be in a film or win crufts.. Then everyone wants one and every back yard breeder is churning them out.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true Cass.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Another reason I think face book needs closing they encourage this they really do.
Yes Julie, FB are only interested in one thing, that is money, and that (for them) means more 'registered' users which in turn enables them to sell more advertising.

The fact that only about 50% of their claimed users actually do use the service is immaterial.

Advertiser know that 'trendy' sells product and right now FB is 'trendy' with the non thinking, I wanna be liked, thirty somethings.

But like turning around a giant ocean going liner closing them down will be difficult much as I agree with you and much as I would like (single handed) to do it
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 07:41 PM

I choose not to see these posts on FB. Easy solved and mended.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Then everyone wants one and every back yard breeder is churning them out.
Yes, but that's humans for you, mostly dumb, self centred, egotistical, and worst of all they (mostly) don't know the meaning of loyalty and faithfulness (Two characters my dog has in abundance but very few of the humans I've known)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top