Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Sunday daily

Good morning! How are you?
I'm tired before the day starts! We're getting the floor done in the living room tomorrow, so have to clear the room today. Phew! Furniture shifting is not my favourite!
Roast beef and Yorkshire puds (eaten in the kitchen) as a reward once it's done
This is me having a bit of a rest after packing and shifting the contents of the sideboard and CDs and things. Haven't even started on the big stuff yet. If I'm not here tomorrow you'll know it was all too much for me
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

24-01-2010, 12:00 PM

Re: Sunday daily

We don't realise how much we've crammed into cupboards and drawers until we need to shift 'em. Take plenty of breaks and cups of tea and you'll get there in the end.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Good Morning DM and all.

How wonderful to have new flooring but don't hurt your back in all of this. I agree with what you said on another thread about proportion, you always have the best advise but didn't want to add any more.

We are going to hit 50F today or tomorrow which will be nice but alittle strange. They have announced here in the US that it has been the warmest winter ever recorded. The months of November and December were so warm but of course this terrible January didn't make up for all that warmth.

Have a good day everyone
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 02:25 PM

G'day DM and all, . . I plan to do absolutely sod-all today, . . I was gonna re-bed the slabs in the driveway that have risen due to the hard frosts but soddit, . . it's too cold.

Have a warm one folks, . . turn the heating up and switch on the telly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Good day DM, Buzzie, and all you nice folk out there

Well the depths of winter are upon us here in the eastern land mass that is sometimes refered to as the European Union

Minus 18 C last night (That's zero farenheit for our American friends) but today we have bright sunshine and no winds so it's quite nice outside (Provided you have your thermals and a good ski jacket on)

Snow still about 2 foot deep in places and will be with us now until the end of February

Hope the furniture moving goes OK DM and I'm sure it'll be worth it when you see your new floor all finished.
Tondi
USA
Tondi is female  Tondi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 03:25 PM

I will have to turn on air conditioning later today and then I guess we will get cold again during the week at night again but not freezing.

I hope you all have a great day and enjoy whatever you are doing.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 05:36 PM

Hi all from gloomy Washington. Chilly drizzle, 1 degree (35 F), with the heavier rain due this afternoon and throughout the night. Flood warnings for low lying areas (not me), with 2+" expected, yuk! Glad I did my marketing yesterday! An indoors day, papers, crossword and forums!

DM, don't overdo and throw your back out! Buzzie, that's technically true about the Winter actually being warmer, but the bitter unrelenting cold in January makes us forget it!

Have a nice day, people.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Evening all-hope you've all had a good day. Been a while since I visited but that was due to me letting my niece use my laptop to do her uni.work-hers gave up the ghost so she came round to use mine in an evening. She's sorted now so I'm back-got a lot of catching up to do! Had a good day-went down to my sisters and booked my flight for Germany-going on 14 March and am looking forward to that. Caught up with some housework,went walking and now relaxing..........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 11:39 PM

Good to hear from you, merz; had noticed you weren't on as much as usual. Glad all's well.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top