Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 04:03 PM

A real scandal - fake bomb detectors

Now here's a real disgrace and an embarrassment to this country I think, although there is always 'Caveat Emptor'.
How on earth, in 2010, can somebody get away with selling the technological equivalent of snake oil
How many people, trying to get on with their lives, going about their business, visiting the market, on the way to school, etc, have been killed or had their lives ruined by the false sense of security given by these products?
How can he sleep an night?
And what punishment could possibly fit?
A poster on another site suggested he could be deposited in the middle of a minefield with one of his own devices - that sounds pretty fair to me ... and remember I'm a pinko!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 04:28 PM

Re: A real scandal - fake bomb detectors

He probably sleeps very well due to his cash in the bank DM, . . . lets hope he gets jailed and his cell-mate is an ex-soldier doing a sentence for extreme violence.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 04:38 PM

Have you ever watched `Yes Minister?`

Enterprise is good for some Dept,selling it abroad is an FO matter and whether it works is a matter for the Defence Minister.

And if some countries choose to purchase is a matter of their own policies-we cannot be seen to interfere with internal matters

Yours aye

Sir Humphrey
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 04:49 PM

I understand that the Iraq government has spent something like £52m on these fake detectors and that the owner of the company has now been arrested. What I fail to understand is how the workers in his factory (or whatever he had) could manufacture in quantity something that they must have known was ineffective? Presumably these devices would have been tested, so there must have been complicity on the part of at least some of the workers with the boss? I looked at the company's website and the spelling was appalling and the whole thing looked so amateurish.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 04:57 PM

What I fail to understand is how the workers in his factory (or whatever he had) could manufacture in quantity something that they must have known was ineffective?

It`s me job mate,got a wife and two kids to support-this country has been producing rubbish for years.

And sadlyIi`m only half teasing
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 04:58 PM

I wonder if the "device" came under the official secrets Act.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

23-01-2010, 05:02 PM

came under the official secrets Act.

Having signed it you will understand. I cannot comment
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 06:15 PM

I think it;s awful how people try to take advantage of other people's misfortune. I hope they take all the money they made and give it back to the local charities there!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

23-01-2010, 06:31 PM

I hope they take all the money they made and give it back to the local charities there!

Good lad--you are not over 50??
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 07:00 PM

...nope. Although I feel it sometimes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top