Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 09:58 AM

Are you the cuddly sort?

I love big hugs and am surprised when some of my friends say they cringe when people almost touch them.

I was bought up with a very loving cuddly family, but my Mother in law was so tense when one tried to give her a cuddle. Even my children had to kiss her on the forehead, not the cheek. Though she loved them dearly, she always felt uncomfortable to show her feelings.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:00 AM

Re: Are you the cuddly sort?

Yes I love cuddles and hugs, but there is a distinct shortage of willing humans available, or victims should I say!

That's when I miss my Mum.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:08 AM

That's sad Jazzi, there's nothing like a Mums hug.
I get on great with my daughter and she was a little girl who loved cuddles and still likes a big hug as an adult.
I didn't have hugs or cuddles much as a child and so find it akward as an adult with anyone other than my children really.
I think it can depend on how you were brought up.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
That's sad Jazzi, there's nothing like a Mums hug.
I get on great with my daughter and she was a little girl who loved cuddles and still likes a big hug as an adult.
I didn't have hugs or cuddles much as a child and so find it akward as an adult with anyone other than my children really.
I think it can depend on how you were brought up.
I agree with you Anita. It does seem as though your upbringing plays a part. My husband use to say it was me that made him more lovable as before he met me he wasn't as affectionate.
All my children and grandchildren love hugs and cuddles.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:18 AM

Very cuddly with the kids but I had to force myself at first, I don't come from a cuddly family and I hate others cuddling me, I didn't want the kids to turn out like that at all so I made my self cuddle them even when I was hating it. It didn't take long before I was loving it too ! Still cannot hug anyone else but the kids are huge huggers and hug just about anyone
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:39 AM

I love me cuddles - never had a cuddle from Mum so make up for that loss
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:42 AM

That's a lot of us who didn't get cuddles as children, maybe it's a generation thing too, it's unusual now for children to get no hugs or cuddles but I think things have changed for the better in that respect.

What a nice thing for your husband to say Maursey.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:46 AM

Very much depends on who is giving them..

I have a neighbour who has given me a hug now and then but he wears so much body products deo, showergel after shave etc etc , that I can still smell him hours later and the combination is enough to give anyone an asthma attack.. Then again better him than some of the great unwashed!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:56 AM

I can't remember ever having a kiss or a cuddle from my parents and when I had my own family I was determined to give my children the love and cuddles that I missed out on. I now have a wonderful relationship with both my son and daughter.

Last week I went to my Aunt's funeral and there was a lot of hugging and kissing going on, I did find that uncomfortable at times as I had never been used to it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 11:01 AM

I love hugs/cuddles, always been the same.
Boy, do my poor dogs suffer sometimes!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top