Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 02:06 PM

Friday the 13th!

I don't usually have trouble with it!
First thing this morning I found my growhouse had blown over and 14 trays of seeds were on the ground in a heap, so I scooped them up and now have Pick 'n' mix growing, hopefully!
Then I found my dog had peed in the kitchen, he never does that!
Then I got squashed into the hedge by a huge lorry trying to get down our little lane, I hurt my hand trying to stop my dog Floyd backing under the wheels!
That, you'd think was my 3's worth, no!
My phone rang with a "Withheld" number, like a fool I answered it! My daughter's MIL, who never phones me, asks how I am, before I can reply, she tells me how ill she is, with a hiatus hernia (she should be so lucky), how dreadful her new bungalow is, how dreadful her old bungalow was, how immigrants are ruining everything etc, etc. Then promises to visit me at the earliest opportunity!
Going back to bed!
How is your day going, are you superstitious about today?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 02:11 PM

Re: Friday the 13th!

Twiz, you'd better laugh or you'll cry! Not a good start for you.
Today doesn't worry me in the slightest, luckily. I think half the trouble is, lots of rotten things happen to people every day, but if happens on a day like today, Friday 13th gets the blame.
Go and make a nice cuppa, and have a sit down, you'll be fine now.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I don't usually have trouble with it!
First thing this morning I found my growhouse had blown over and 14 trays of seeds were on the ground in a heap, so I scooped them up and now have Pick 'n' mix growing, hopefully!
Then I found my dog had peed in the kitchen, he never does that!
Then I got squashed into the hedge by a huge lorry trying to get down our little lane, I hurt my hand trying to stop my dog Floyd backing under the wheels!
That, you'd think was my 3's worth, no!
My phone rang with a "Withheld" number, like a fool I answered it! My daughter's MIL, who never phones me, asks how I am, before I can reply, she tells me how ill she is, with a hiatus hernia (she should be so lucky), how dreadful her new bungalow is, how dreadful her old bungalow was, how immigrants are ruining everything etc, etc. Then promises to visit me at the earliest opportunity!
Going back to bed!
How is your day going, are you superstitious about today?
It can only get better from now Twiz
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 02:15 PM

Goodness you have had a day !

Mine not too bad so far, walked to school although Grace likes to go alone because there were several lorries reversing and the like at the end of the road and I didn't want her to get squished by one. Walked the dogs and nearly got bitten but moved my stick into the dogs mouth just before he got me ! My prescription was ready at the surgery but the chemist was heaving so I left it there and will lick it up tomorrow.
Elsie managed to eat the end off a kong ! never had a dog could do that before so we had a bit of a tussle to get that back from her, bribery worked in the end.

Did a toastie for lunch and we both enjoyed that garlic butter and cheese - so mustn't breath on anyone this afternoon !
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 02:21 PM

Nothing un-towards here so far ,only stubbed my toe .. but there's still time ..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 03:27 PM

I've always had a "thing" about the number 13 and that's called Triskaidekaphobia.

I've had a number of things happen on a Friday the 13th too, making me rather wary of not only the number 13 but also that combination.

Illogical of course but............stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 03:34 PM

Like Steve im superstitious about the number 13, so i keep my head down on Friday the Thirteenth. Never mind Twiz keep a low profile for the rest of the day, its Valentines tomorrow i foretell a bearded man will cross your path
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 03:47 PM

I've had loads of crawlers hitting my server but I have fixed that now.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 06:06 PM

Brilliant day to travel...

A few years back I was flying to see friends on Friday the 13th and couldnt beleive my luck..The plane had about 20 people on board, the crew said its always like that ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Love 13 - so no problems with that one
Its been a better day for me as its quite cold - hope it continues at bedtime - only slept through once in eleven dayzzzzzzz

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top