Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 11:14 AM

Can anyone recommend a comfy pillow?

I have had so many different pillows and none of them seem to do what they promise.
I recently paid a good price for a water one but it still isn't comfortable, yet when I go to hotels their pillows are perfect.
I must admit I have never tried a duck and down feather one. Can someone recommend them? I want a pillow that is plumped up and stays plumped up. Most of them tend to flatten after some use.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Re: Can anyone recommend a comfy pillow?

Wish I could help you - same problem for me
I have to buy a pillow every 2 months now - seems the only answer ......
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 11:44 AM

Whats right for one person is awful for another...

I invested in a special neck support pillow for OH but he said it gave him the most awful cramp and head ache..
Passed it to my daughter who said it was wonderful!

I think its all a matter of trial and error.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 12:25 PM

Alice started a pillow thread recently may help you http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...hlight=pillows
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 12:31 PM

I bought feather and down pillows for OH and me. I love mine but OH complains that the feathers stick in him !!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
when I go to hotels their pillows are perfect.

Look at the labels on the hotel pillows - question the housekeeper.
That's what I'd do Maursey.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 12:41 PM

When i first got married i was given a feather pillow from someone who had no need for it .
It was the most comfortable pillow i ever had ,but it became worse for wear ,so i bought a new pillow not a feather one cause i didn't have the money,and for the next 40 years ive tried every sort of pillow,
Could not get on with Memory pillow,yet loads of folk sing their praises,
So i treated myself to a Feather pillow being better off i could afford it ,But i gave up on it cause it made so much noise when ever i turned my head ,it woke me ..
Some nights i can have a perfect night with my pillows and other nights I'm bashing it to make it more comfy.
I think its an age thing ,
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 12:47 PM

I'd quite happily lie with no pillows at all if I had to.
As it is - I use one pillow - it was from Ikea - nothing special but comfortable for me.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 01:03 PM

Thank you all so much for your postings. It does seem as if it's an age thing according to your answers. I may try a feather pillow.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
Thank you all so much for your postings. It does seem as if it's an age thing according to your answers. I may try a feather pillow.
Have a look here Maursey - may help you decide on the feather type
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...+p%2Caps%2C245

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top