Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 05:07 PM

another company not knowing what they are doing

Yet again another company failure, this time the gas board not sending out their bill two weeks after it was read by them.

OOH Sorry you should have received it we will send out another, was the reply.

I think the problem with these companies is they employ kids straight out of school who are useless in a business environment and not trained properly or supervised.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 05:19 PM

Re: another company not knowing what they are doing

Try dealing with new vision homes, residents originally reported no satellite feed on 24th of December, it affected 3 flats. By 20th January 10 flats were affected and others had weakened signals. When ours went down completely on Friday just gone I was told they had no knowledge of anyone else affected so couldn't send an engineer out just for one flat ! I got ever so slightly annoyed at that knowing the history.
After insisting they do something I rang again Monday when they said someone would be out Tuesday.

Nothing happened so I rang today and was told now 24 flats are affected and they cannot understand what is wrong as they have checked the system. Well not my problem I feel they insisted we all took down our own satellites when they took over management so they had better fix it soon or we will be talking not paying our rent I think.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 05:32 PM

One thing you must not do is to withhold rent, if you do that they have every right to evict you. What you should do is note the time and day and who you spoke to on the phone, keep copies of any correspondence. In the letter you could point out that the service is not working and give them sufficient time, usually 14 or 21 days , to get it fixed from the date on the letter.

If they still have not fixed the fault you can then seek legal advice or court action, small claims, for the return of what you have paid out in a service you are not getting with compensation.
Before doing anything it is advisable to go through the contact you have with the housing association to see what you have agreed to
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 05:53 PM

They can't evict us, they discovered that a while ago, we own a portion of our flat so they cannot unless we fail to pay the mortgage get us out. It's the only benefit of shared ownership homes IMO
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yet again another company failure, this time the gas board not sending out their bill two weeks after it was read by them.

OOH Sorry you should have received it we will send out another, was the reply.

I think the problem with these companies is they employ kids straight out of school who are useless in a business environment and not trained properly or supervised.

I think if they do employ kids from school then that's actually very encouraging. I'm glad they're getting a job!

Pity you can't get your bill online? I much prefer to do that.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Julie you never mentioned about being part owner so my answer was based on outright rent.

When asking his type of question it always helps to give as much detail as possible
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-02-2015, 06:01 PM

Alice we have gas and electric (duel service) system so don't yet know how we stand, bearing in mind we have only been here for 6 months. So things on the billing front not really sorted out yet
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 06:12 PM

Alice we have gas and electric (duel service) system so don't yet know how we stand, bearing in mind we have only been here for 6 months. So things on the billing front not really sorted out yet
I forgot you weren't long there RS. It's a nightmare when you move. When you get this all sorted, I'd definitely opt for an online bill. Then you can see what's what. Hope you get it sorted soon. I understand it's very frustrating, but I don't think it's the call operators at fault.... and remember "every call is recorded for quality and monitoring purposes" - I hate when you get that message!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 06:29 PM

It all comes down to the demise of the apprenticeship trainning. No one in my year who went into an apprenticeship ever came anywhere near a customer until they had worked in every department in the firm and knew what accounts did, what the development labs did, what the packing and dispatch people did, and many other company functions.

You learned the hard way by having people around you who called you an ass if you made a mistake and made you do it again until you got it right.

Nowadays this approach is considered non PC and kids leave school without ever had a reprimand let alone having to work overtime to make good a mistake, they think they are God and untouchable and they very nearly are.

So what happens, you get the kind of response you got, no idea and no real interest in sorting out the problem.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 06:39 PM

Yes it's the same for us, bought the house in Sep '13 but only moved in last November. They have sent me several bills with a thing they call "Your useage projection" which is a computerised prediction and of course totally worthless

I did think about phoning and teling them but the thought of trying to explain to some shool leaver how their computer predictions software works made me decide against it

They also want me to go 'online' and pay be direct debit, not going to do that, don't want yet another password / username and as for paying, well they can send me a bill and I'll send them a cheque................simples

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top