Join for free
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 06:35 PM

The new bridge over the Forth

Because the Forth Road bridge has seen better days they are building another to be called Queensferry crossing. Why they didn't build a tunnel I'll never know as the road bridge is closed every time there is a strong wind in Scotland and that's quite often.

Approach to the new bridge.

The three bridges.

Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 06:43 PM

Re: The new bridge over the Forth

most probably the cheaper option..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 08:14 PM

Good pictures Jim a tunnel sounds the sensible option...
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good pictures Jim a tunnel sounds the sensible option...
Yes that's what most people here think but the Scottish government know best??
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 11:18 PM

Spectacular Bridges against the backdrop of beautiful scenery, at least that's what i remember.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 12:38 PM

Unless it will be a lot more stable than the present one, it will be a waste of time building it, it's a long detour over Kincardine.
I think the money would have been better spent on widening the A9 beyond Perth.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 12:44 PM

Brings back memories of towing a caravan over it in high winds they banned vans for about 4 hours then let us over only if we would keep between two high sided lorries and bless them the men driving those lorries kept us safe all the way over and one of them stopped on the other side just to make sure we were OK and knew where were heading. Had a fantastic if windy week up there September 1985 in a tiny 2 berth caravan with 3 dogs and a budgie
I have to agree though a tunnel would be best but so much less impressive.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 08:19 AM

Just looking at the second picture...if keeping three bridges wouldn't that be a blot on the landscape?! Now normally I'd say I like looking at large structures like the bridges, but to have three...well, a bit much IMO.
braveheart
Edinburgh

12-02-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Just looking at the second picture...if keeping three bridges wouldn't that be a blot on the landscape?! Now normally I'd say I like looking at large structures like the bridges, but to have three...well, a bit much IMO.
One is a very famous rail bridge and it's needed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top