Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 04:23 AM

Could you all across the pond show me pics of your kitchens?

I love kitchens. Probably because I love to cook and I've seen some pretty spectacular (and even small and quaint) pics of kitchens in the UK and I just love some of them. One of my favorite shows is Two Fat Ladies (RIP Jennifer and Clarissa) and some of the kitchens they cooked in were just beautiful; some extravagant, some cozy and rustic. I especially loved the Aga's they used, some of them were amazing.

So I was wondering what your kitchens were like. Any of you kitchen fanatics like me?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 06:50 AM

Re: Could you all across the pond show me pics of your kitchens?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 08:46 AM

OK here's mine. Not very big, but functional. When we decorated, we discovered the old larder cupboard built into the thickness of the wall which is 30" thick. The cooker is an electric 'AGA Rangemaster', but behind it we could see where the original coal fired range would have been. Note that this is the 'modern' part of the house - 1896!

BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 09:26 AM

Made me laugh did this post Linda.
Mine is not worth showing and I cant get photos on these posts.
I would say though that it is 12feet long and 6ft wide. So not
really worth taking a photo of. If I had a Aga in it I probably
wouldn't be able to get the washing machine in
We do have a dining room so the table and chairs for sitting and
eating on are in another room which is good. Plus we also have
a lounge of course. That's how this house was built in 1908
as they didn't do a lot of cooking in these houses as at that time
no one had enough big money to do so.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 09:37 AM

I can't really take pictures of mine it's too small to get it in the picture, so lets say one person at a time can stand in the kitchen and I have cupboards top and bottom all round a door in the corner, stainless steel sink under the boiler and drainer under the window. Washing machine, small cooker and fridge.
Cupboards are painted cream and the walls are a jade green, tiling has cartoon farm animals on them.
Oh and we have 4 rubbish bins where I used to have a tiny wall mounted table for breakfasts - table is still there but since council has us filling to many bins we have to perch on the sofa and eat our breakfasts.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 11:20 AM

Very nice George..

Mine I wish
This was in a holiday cottage my son booked a couple of yeras ago, I didn't want to come home
The Aga was heaven to cook on and huge...

Mine is modest, this was part of it taken a few years ago when I had just decorated it , it has been redecorated since and is now cream (my puppy ate the wallpaper ).

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 12:51 PM

When I first read the title (I skim over them) I thought it said 'kittens'.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Wow - some very nice kitchens on here.

This is mine such as it is. I had some new worktops and wall tiles last year to try and modernise it a bit - The cupboards & floor tiles are 18 years old.

It's bigger than it looks. I have another row of units to the right of the picture and a round table & four chairs to the left.

Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I'll show you mine if you show me yours....
Well alrighty then, I can do that

It's quite small and I don't have a whole lot of counter space, but here is where I spend a good portion of my time. In fact, I'll be in there very shortly, as I'm making homemade Baba Ganoush today.

The runner rug is a different one now and the stove/oven is black to match the fridge (off to the right) because I bought a new one since taking this picture.

(the black blur at the bottom of the photo is my other cat, haha)

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
OK here's mine. Not very big, but functional. When we decorated, we discovered the old larder cupboard built into the thickness of the wall which is 30" thick. The cooker is an electric 'AGA Rangemaster', but behind it we could see where the original coal fired range would have been. Note that this is the 'modern' part of the house - 1896!

Very nice and I really love that black wall behind the range. So rustic!

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Made me laugh did this post Linda.
Mine is not worth showing and I cant get photos on these posts.
I would say though that it is 12feet long and 6ft wide. So not
really worth taking a photo of. If I had a Aga in it I probably
wouldn't be able to get the washing machine in
We do have a dining room so the table and chairs for sitting and
eating on are in another room which is good. Plus we also have
a lounge of course. That's how this house was built in 1908
as they didn't do a lot of cooking in these houses as at that time
no one had enough big money to do so.
1908, wow. I'll bet that's charming. And I understand small spaces, but I've seen some really nice websites that show you clever ways to get the most space, even out of the tiniest rooms.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't really take pictures of mine it's too small to get it in the picture, so lets say one person at a time can stand in the kitchen and I have cupboards top and bottom all round a door in the corner, stainless steel sink under the boiler and drainer under the window. Washing machine, small cooker and fridge.
Cupboards are painted cream and the walls are a jade green, tiling has cartoon farm animals on them.
Oh and we have 4 rubbish bins where I used to have a tiny wall mounted table for breakfasts - table is still there but since council has us filling to many bins we have to perch on the sofa and eat our breakfasts.
I'm afraid you lost me a little when you said "council" has you filling too many bins? Council??? I don't understand.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Very nice George..

Mine I wish
This was in a holiday cottage my son booked a couple of yeras ago, I didn't want to come home
The Aga was heaven to cook on and huge...

THAT is absolutely beautiful. I wish it were mine as well

Mine is modest, this was part of it taken a few years ago when I had just decorated it , it has been redecorated since and is now cream (my puppy ate the wallpaper ).

Very cute. And yes, I understand about puppies eating wallpaper, LOL

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

When I first read the title (I skim over them) I thought it said 'kittens'.
Ha, well... dollhouses would work as well. I'm a miniature fanatic and have tons of dollhouse furniture and accessories. Now all I need is the house, but they're so expensive.
Linda0818
USA

07-02-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Wow - some very nice kitchens on here.

This is mine such as it is. I had some new worktops and wall tiles last year to try and modernise it a bit - The cupboards & floor tiles are 18 years old.

It's bigger than it looks. I have another row of units to the right of the picture and a round table & four chairs to the left.

Wow! That is gorgeous. I love that black marble countertop.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top