Join for free
poppypie chucker
New Member!
wakefield uk
poppypie chucker is female 

20-01-2010, 07:10 PM

englands world cup chances

Hi Everybody
It's my very first post in this forum and a great topic for us footie lovers. What are the chances of England actually lifting the world cup in South Africa in the summer? Rooney seems to be on form, if we can just get him a good partner up front I think we stand a fair chance. However, I am the eternal optimist and you would have thought I would have learned my lesson by now, but you have to hope (or laugh) dont you? Your enthusiastic (?) comments would be appreciated!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Re: englands world cup chances

Hi - and welcome!
Footie is not my sport, though I keep aware of most things going on in the sports world
I would think England have a very good chance. You would say that they 'ought' to get to the quarter finals and after that it's a bit in the lap of the gods anyway.
I just hope it all goes off OK and there isn't any trouble with the various fans; it's not an easy country to behave as some football followers do.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2010, 11:38 PM

Re: englands world cup chances

I think England stand a fair chance IF their players are on top form

Also if they give Beckham a chance, he can be a real match winner when the odds are down. He can place a free kick on a sixpence!

I'm quite looking forward to the World Cup this year

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top