Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:15 PM

What a Day.

What a day!
Last night just as I was going to bed, I went to alter the boiler clock a little, and as I opened the boiler front, a load of water ran out all over the floor. I mopped up, but was worried whether it was safe, so turned it all off. Consequently, it was flippin' cold this morning indoors.

Next I had a long argument with British Gas about them upping my D/D's considerably. I told them it was totally uneccessary as I didn't owe them a penny, and was well in credit, so why should I pay a lot more. He went on about 'predicting next year,' but I told him I wouldn't pay and that was that. I said I would happily pay for what gas/electricity I had actually used, but not for what they thought I might use, and I would change companies if he insisted.
These blessed energy lot wanted an extra £27 from me, yet my pension will only increase around £3! I was really, really cross and said I was leaving B.Gas as they were too greedy.
In the end he let me set my own D/D and I said I will happily pay any extra owing on the bill if there is not enough in the account when the bill is due, but I was not prepared to pay well over the odds incase I 'might' use it!

Next, my windscreen wiper broke, so before the gas repair man came, I shot off to get some new wipers, and on the way back, one of the dogs was sick all over my car!

On a good note - my boiler is fixed, I've cleaned the car, my wipers are now replaced, and I've got the D/D I wanted.
Tonight I will have a glass of wine and relax. Phew!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:30 PM

Re: What a Day.

Glad to read you've got it all sorted Mups! stevmk2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:30 PM

Good for you mups , after all that you certainly sound as though you deserve it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:32 PM

Oh dear Mups we all get days like that ..

On a good note - my boiler is fixed, I've cleaned the car, my wipers are now replaced, and I've got the D/D I wanted.
Tonight I will have a glass of wine and relax. Phew!
I think you have earned it and a cuddle with the dogs, that always works for me
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:37 PM

Aw poor you Mups... I'm glad it had a happy ending.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:08 PM

Never mind Jinxy, tomorrows another day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:15 PM

Sounds like it really has been one of those days, Mups
Glad you've got it all sorted now and you stood your ground with British Gas .... what a cheek they have!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Never mind Jinxy, tomorrows another day

Hey, that's what I always say too.

Forgot to also say about the idiot male driver who nearly sent me through my windscreen by suddenly pulling out of a side turning, right in front of my front bumper, then he went right across the road and turned off right, with no signals whatsoever.
It made me see that you can still be involved in an accident, no matter how carefully you drive. This bloke had another male in the front with him in their pickup truck, and they were both laughing. They couldn't care less about endangering me.
| wondered if someone was sticking pins in me today!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:59 PM

Install a dash cam to record all journeys. That'll get em.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-02-2015, 12:58 AM

They were talking about them on the telly today. I wonder how much they cost?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top