Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 01:57 AM

Photographing the moon

One of my biggest challangs to date was getting a closeup of the moon seen below

Boy was that a tough one. Some of the problems I had to overcome was first of all getting a clear night sky with no clouds and absolutly not even a breath of wind.

Even then the slightest touch on the lens sent it into its own dance movement. Yes I did in the end have to use a remote shutter release
So got eventually the right night in the middle of winter freezing cold just after midnight. First bit done

Next working with a manual lens at 2600mm (eye sight is around 30 mm ish) was neigh impossible. the moon, working with that lens, just raced across the sky so even to focus manually on it was a nightmare let alone getting a sharpish segment in shot

In the end I had to guess the moons path and lie in wait for it to get in shot.

Then there was the camera exposure time to recon on bearing in mind everything was being done in the moonlight and very dark to even see camera settings, most was just guess work in the end

With all those problems to contend with and a bit of editing i got what you see above.

You will notice the mon rim shows up the craters quite well but the nearest part of the moon shows nothing ,it was that tricky to get the rim.

Most photos you see this close are done with a telescope and a sighting scope on top. this was just with a camera lens albeit a huge one
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:35 AM

Re: Photographing the moon

Great pic!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 09:48 AM

Excellent photograph Bazza well done you...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 10:06 AM

Fantastic photo Bazz!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 04:28 PM

Wow! That is an amazing photo, Realspeed. You must have a super camera with a super lens.
Here is my attempt with my Panasonic tz60 on ai.
I really should experiment more with it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:11 PM

Tiffany
try doing a little editing and you could get something like this

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:33 PM

That's good Realspeed, but the only things I have to edit with, apart from Photobucket, are the disc that I put in the pc from Panasonic & Befunky, none are that brilliant.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Have a look for Adobe Photoshop 11 it should be fairly cheap now that13 has come outl This is the one I use. Well worth getting in my opinion, you can see above the difference that can be made to a picture

Link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Adobe-...item20f46b09b9

it is about the cheapest seller i could find. It works on windows or Mac if you read the writeup underneath the link

The full adobe editing can run into thousands of £

you can do things like this on E11 as well as so much more than just bringing one bit into focus and leaving out the rest

Flowers can really pop out for you

Not to mention birds in flight or still

So easy with nearly everything done with slider adjustments. Help also built in if needed via adobe link
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

06-02-2015, 07:08 PM

It looks good, but I really don't want to pay for one. I guess with the free ones you get what they are.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-02-2015, 08:41 PM

I was just thinking about having your own pictures on a wall instead of someone elses work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top