Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 02:50 PM

Why do we always have to mention our age?

Why is it our age seems to be mentioned in most cases?
Whenever a male or female are mentioned on News or newspapers they always say their ages. I wonder why it is so important. Even on shows like Eggheads everyone quotes their ages.
Surely saying.... young/mature/elderly person is sufficient.

If I didn't know my age I would definitely think I was about fifteen years younger, even more so in mind, but my age tells me differently.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Re: Why do we always have to mention our age?

I think your age tells a lot about what you have experienced in life. I don't mind people knowing my age, and I don't feel any younger than I am, your actual age doesn't stop you being up to date with what's going on and your outlook.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 02:59 PM

I never mention mine, ever, not that many know and it suits me that way. Over 50, obviously.

Think the celebs like to go on about it because with all the botox and fillers they think they don't look their age, they're right, they look a lot older!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 02:59 PM

What does it matter, there's more important things to get concerned about.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 03:03 PM

It is odd that age is mentioned - I'm just glad we got past the -' I'm 65 and three quarters' stage
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 03:03 PM

Why does it matter if we are 59 or 99 or anywhere in between. You are no less of a person if you are over a certain age surely.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 03:12 PM

I'm just the same ol' Me just as I've always been, with a few more wrinkles is all.:~)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 03:34 PM

I suppose it gives you a fair indication into the persons life experiences, asking the age or telling their age doesn't bother me in these quiz programs, what annoys me in 'Pointless' is when the presenter has to ask the contestants what they'll do with the money if they win it, I know what I'd tell him, sometimes it's as low as £1,000, and that's between two of them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Im 61, soon to be 62, i wont be 63, dont care who knows my age i cant change it so it not high on my list of concerns, does not define me and long life is no guide to wisdom.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 03:51 PM

AGE!!!!! In material and unimportant. I have problems with my own age 67 and chasing hard the ass of 68. I am however some many years junior to that, in my head. To some this age thing may be a source of problems but some of the cleverest people I know and have heard about are in their 50s-60s 70s and even 80s. Age pah! It's of no matter folk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top