Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:12 PM

I am kinda back

Hi gang !

Well I've ordered a brand spanking new laptop ( kicking and screaming the whole way, as that stupid Acer that died on me was just over a year old. I called them on their 800 number and got this sweet Indian fella on the line who informed me they only help current customers, that after 12 months they are not required to help and most of his colleagues would turn me away. He tried to help anyhow to no avail ).

I got a new one on Ebay, an HP with enough bells and whistles to hopefully keep me going for another 3 years for $ 297. It was shipped yesterday from Texas, so maybe will be here by the weekend. In the meantime I am using my father's old XP relic of a laptop and figured out how to get into my own email address. Instead of googling ' outlook.com ' and getting nowhere, I got it by googling ' outlook.com sign in ' and voila ! I was greeted by emails backed up from last Thurs, 256 to be exact !!!

Tish x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:40 PM

Re: I am kinda back

Welcome back !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:43 PM

Hi Tish, I bought an HP laptop 7yrs ago and it's still going strong, had a new screen but other than that it's ok. The one I'm using now is Acer and been ok up to now - hope I'm not speaking too soon!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:46 PM

Sounds a good move MnM, but regarding losing e_mails, because I will have to change servers soon I recently opened a Gmail account which is web rather than computer based, and therefore it doesn't matter what computer you have or where you log on from, they are always available to you..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:50 PM

I hope your new laptop turns out to be good. Iīm also expecting a new laptop to be delivered either this week or early next week, an HP Envy with detachable screen. My current laptop is also HP and about 8/9 years old. It still works, in fact it hasnīt really had a lot of use, I only use it when Iīm in the kitchen, but itīs oh so slow, I feel I want to wind it up. The running programme is Vista and no longer supported. I hope you enjoy yours when it arrives.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Hi Tish, I bought an HP laptop 7yrs ago and it's still going strong, had a new screen but other than that it's ok. The one I'm using now is Acer and been ok up to now - hope I'm not speaking too soon!
My main computer is an Acer all in one 23" screen. I have had it for 6 years now and itīs been okay apart from one or two blips that have needed my computer man to come and deal with, expensive blips I hasten to add. The dvd slot on the side broke and had to be replaced and I had to have a new hard drive last summer, that wasnīt very cheap either. I thought the fans had gone as the computer was getting hot and switching itself off, but evidently it wasnīt the fans it was the hard drive (which I add means little or nothing to me). I hope all goes well with yours.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:59 PM

Glad you got connected again Tish, I hope you have better luck with the new laptop, next time try to be a bit more patriotic and get a Mac.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:06 PM

I'm kinda happy you're kinda back
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
i'm kinda happy you're kinda back :-d
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN

03-02-2015, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Glad you got connected again Tish, I hope you have better luck with the new laptop, next time try to be a bit more patriotic and get a Mac.

Looking forward to the new HP, not that I can afford it just now, but feel fortunate that I was able to get a replacement at all with a decent brand for $ 298.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top