Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 03:21 PM

Breadmakers

Does anyone have a breadmaker? I've baked yeast free bread in the oven but have decided to get a breadmaker because I can make so many different sorts of bread easily with it (I hope!). Just got the first loaf baking and it smells yummy! But I'm a bit confused by the loaf size settings (there are three) as the accompanying instructions don't give any indication of size with the recipes given. Any advice?
It may turn out to be a disastrous purchase if I can't control my bread consumption…But it is so hard to buy decent bread locally that I finally took the plunge! Send me lots of willpower, folks!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 03:24 PM

Re: Breadmakers

I'll apply to be chief taster for you Ania
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 03:39 PM

Had to stop using ours we couldn't stop eating the bread

You will find you need to experiment a bit. I found I prefer a lighter cooked loaf whereas my husband likes it cooked longer. Same ingredients just different taste buds so you will need to decide which setting you prefer I think.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 03:56 PM

Buy Panasonic - had mine for years and use it all the time.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 03:56 PM

My wife uses a Panasonic model number SD257 and has done for a long time.

Freshly made bread may not keep las long as shop bread but just made it is far better.

We would highly recommend the make and model if still in production
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 04:26 PM

I have had a Panasonic for years - found - brand new, still boxed and with full instructions plus an excellent recipe book - in a charity shop window for £7 ! Would thoroughly recommend it. Use it a couple of times each week.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 05:26 PM

Another vote for Panasonic. Ours is used most days and produces great consistent results, although initially we did have to experiment with different flour brands.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:10 PM

Yes, I did get a Panasonic - the most basic as I didn't see the point in paying extra for a seed/nut dispenser. First loaf tasted, and not bad at all, but looking forward to experimenting with different types of bread and flour. I'll have to show some restraint, though, otherwise my waistline will not thank me!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Does anyone have a breadmaker? I've baked yeast free bread in the oven but have decided to get a breadmaker because I can make so many different sorts of bread easily with it (I hope!). Just got the first loaf baking and it smells yummy! But I'm a bit confused by the loaf size settings (there are three) as the accompanying instructions don't give any indication of size with the recipes given. Any advice?
It may turn out to be a disastrous purchase if I can't control my bread consumption…But it is so hard to buy decent bread locally that I finally took the plunge! Send me lots of willpower, folks!
Can't help with the breadmaker orangutan, I daren't buy one - I made my own bread for the last couple of weeks and while it wasn't exactly 'gone in 60 seconds' lol it didn't last much longer!
Was only a bread mix but tasted so much better than shop bought.
We didn't have the willpower to leave the bread alone, I hope you fare better.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

03-02-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Can't help with the breadmaker orangutan, I daren't buy one - I made my own bread for the last couple of weeks and while it wasn't exactly 'gone in 60 seconds' lol it didn't last much longer!
Was only a bread mix but tasted so much better than shop bought.
We didn't have the willpower to leave the bread alone, I hope you fare better.
That's why I have resisted having one until now. I keep telling myself that I can practice self-control…we'll see, but I've only had one slice of the first loaf so far

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top