Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 10:38 AM

Its my fault ?? (update @post 27)

Oh yes it was my fault.. I should correct my dog.. I shouldnt be so uptight , Im a silly cow..

That was the comments of the owner of a dog this morning ... He was cycling with his dog way in front of him.. It came charging round the bend in the park and just launched itself biting and snarling at me and Benny..

I pulled Benny away but the dog kept coming pushing through my legs to get at Benny again , so... sorry but it got a kick in the ribs from me to keep it at bay..

Owner arrives says 'ah he just wants to play' If he didnt your dog would be injured and hes not so stop making a fuss..
I tell him theres no way it was play, that Benny is 14 and blind so he cant even defend himself because he cant see where the attack is coming from.

Then tells me all of the above reasons for it being my fault and cycles off...

When I get a good look I see Benny is injured so I put him and Remy in the car and set off to find the man..
I did I toot and pull over he gets really aggressive that Ive dared to toot at him but I got his name and a photo of him and Bennys injuries.....

Ive reported it to the police.. Now Benny is downstairs shaking in his kennel and Im here shaking just off the phone with the cops..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 10:43 AM

Re: Its my fault ?? (update @post 27)

Oh you poor thing, some people really should not be allowed to own a dog and I think you met one there. I hope poor Benny recovers quickly at that age it is so unfair for anyone to hurt them
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 10:44 AM

What a horrible experience you've just had Cass

Sounds like a right nasty git. Well done reporting him! Poor wee Benny
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Poor Benny and Cass.
I am fed up of hearing of these kind of attacks. What is wrong
with these people with aggressive dogs.
Not every dog wants to play and if it doesn't why should it be
attacked. Having a lead that long was wrong and on a bike.
Sounds like the dog has more brains than that scum.
Hope Benny gets well soon lots of big cuddles to get his confidence
back. Hope the police do something about the other dog.
Should have a muzzle on anytime it goes out now. That should be
the law.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 10:53 AM

I would like to see it made illegal to have a dog while on a bike or when pushing a pram etc people don't have their full attention on the dog and they are usually the ones who lose control.

Phones too seem to feature in a lot of attacks someone too busy texting to worry about what their dog is doing.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 11:35 AM

When I pulled up and demanded the mans name he gave me it..Ive checked it on FB and its true!!!

So I was able to give that info to the police plus I took a photo of the man and his dog and of course of Benny's injuries,..
Ive bathed his ear one wound is a lump of skin missing the other is a clean puncture straight through the ear..

Im thinking of going to the vet in the morning ( no one open today)
I'll get it billed and make a compensation claim against the other owner via the police.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 11:35 AM

No, not your fault and well done for doing something about it. Hope you and Benny are back to normal as soon as possible.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-02-2015, 11:38 AM

Can I suggest you speak to your dog warden too, if you have evidence he or she will go and have a word with the man which will also mean they keep an eye open for any more complaints in the future, build a file which can be used in any cases that come up after yours..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Simple answer, all dogs in public should be muzzled and on leads, wont be popular on here.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 12:26 PM

He didnt have control of his dog, Lazy B,,,i sometimes see Men ridding bikes with dog running to keep up .
You did the right thing reporting him. My guess is this is not the first time it happened if it was he would have apologised.
Hope you and Benny get over the shock quickly,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top