Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 01:47 AM

Could it be a dream !

I have often thought, could this all be a dream. Am I really getting older or is the whole thing an illusion. Lets be honest there is lots of stuff we all have to do that we don't really like doing. If we decided that we were going to do only the things we liked doing it would all be much more fun. Remember all that rubbish we had to do at school, what a joke. How many times have you thought " now let me see, I can use a quadratic equation to solve that little problem I have with paying the car insurance next month " Never, most of what you learn at school might as well have been a dream, the whole thing was a nightmare for me.
Then there is your job, people expecting you to do more more and more for less and less until you seem to be doing everythng for nothing. My manager was a definitley a dreamer he thought he could get all the engineers working more efficiently. Dream on ! Engineers are renowed for their ability to dodge work and spend most of their time dreaming up ways of avoiding any type of hard work.
My babs is great but she is always dreaming up new ways of motivatinig me to get jobs done around the house. I say " never do today what you can put off and do tomorrow " I dream of living a live where I can get up late, have someone get my breakfast and then get myself lost out in the wilds with Willy and a pocket full of treats for him.
Well we can all dream I suppose. Do you think life could be a dream or is there someone pulling our chains.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 05:55 AM

Re: Could it be a dream !

Dream or not most of it has been enjoyable and certainly interesting......even quadratic equations !
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 08:40 AM

I think life goes by the 80/20 rule. 80% is boring and mundane and only made bearable by the other 20% which is interesting and fun.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 08:49 AM

I think you're right Linden Tree, except that it's nearer 90/10.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 08:52 AM

Bob, you might want to work out if you are a "Dreamer" or a "Player".
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Dream or not most of it has been enjoyable and certainly interesting......even quadratic equations !
Alan, either our understand ability or the way it was taught was completely shot away, we would spend most of our time day dreaming or looking out the window. Our maths teacher was so far advanced to us it was never going to work, he didn't understand how ignorant we all were. It was quite sad really, he had dreamed that we would pass with flying colours and instead he got a bad shock which ultimately cost him his job.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bob, you might want to work out if you are a "Dreamer" or a "Player".
You see there you go again, I would love to come back with a straight answer but my understanding of english words is so bad, I now have to google " player ".
( several minutes latter )
Got you, well I can say I have always been a dreamer, some of my best ideas have come up when I am dreaming but " player " well partly. From the urban dictionary I got " a male who is skilled at manipulating others and especially at seducing women by pretending to care about them, when in reality they are only interested in sex.( very interesting )
Well I would not qualify as a " player " I say sadly. At one time I would have worn a teashirt with player written on the front, it pays to adveriise I think.
Now being 60 with type 2 diabetes and some type of IBS my rascally days are over, it is very sad because I did have a good innings and it was great fun. Now my only option is to talk, I do love women, they look at things differently to us. I have communicated with black, asian and chinese girls as well as lots of white girls and have learnt from all of them. The fact that there perspective is different makes their contribution even more valuable.
You would need to speak to barb to get this verified but I believe all aspects of public office should be made up of 50% women. Have you ever worked with women engineers or scientists, this really it a great experience and a pleasure.
rascally littlebob.
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 02:37 PM

""I dream of living a live where I can get up late, have someone get my breakfast and then get myself lost out in the wilds with Willy and a pocket full of treats for him.<<<

I could do that today if I wanted to. Except I don't have a Willy. lol

Anyway dunno wot you're on about - I needed differential calculus to empty the rubbish only this morning
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 02:45 PM

I do sometimes think we're bit parts in some cosmic kid's computer game, they're just playing with us like we did with ants in the garden. Funny how we often seem to get 'poked' exactly where it hurts the most - I am passionate about painting with acrylics/oils but I got allergic to them; tried tapestry work instead but arm badly cos of RSI! I love running but I tore an ankle so that's gone, tried yoga instead and hurt my knees *sigh* so I've a feeling that's gonna get difficult , love travelling to far off places but can't do vaccines. All that's left is chocolate! hmmm how long before that goes?

Hubby found the same - he really loves french bread/cheese/wine, now all of them make him ill. Loves music but now he's got tinnitus ... arrrghhhhhh!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=jodie;601931]""I dream of living a live where I can get up late, have someone get my breakfast and then get myself lost out in the wilds with Willy and a pocket full of treats for him.<<<

I could do that today if I wanted to. Except I don't have a Willy. lol

Anyway dunno wot you're on about - I needed differential calculus to empty the rubbish only this morning [/
QUOTE]

I can empathise there Jodie, as I don't have a Willy either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top