Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 01:46 AM

Street Life

Today, I had a letter come through the post, asking me if I wanted to join something called Steetlife.com.
Apparently its a community social networking site for local people, but I believe they have these ' Streetlife' sites for other areas too.
It's is free to join up, so they say, but I'm not really sure what it does exactly. As far as I can understand, its a local Community thing for your area to swap information about local events, e.g, clubs, lost animals, local events, anything you want to sell, crime alerts, etc - all sorts like that.
Has anyone heard of this in their area yet, and is it safe to join do you think?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 05:59 AM

Re: Street Life

It came to our area about 6 months ago and I joined. They only allow you to talk about local issues so after a while it becomes a bit boring. It can be useful if you need to know about a good, local plumber etc.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 09:30 AM

Oh, I see. Thankyou Alan. I was a bit worried in case it was another scam of some sort.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 10:05 AM

No, it's not a scam Mups. I joined my local one but now you've reminded me I've not had email alerts for yonks!! So I don't know whether those alerts have stopped, or what.

I'll pop in to the website later and have a look. The thing is, FB now has Sale or Swap pages and people tend to ask for things like plumbers on that.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 12:32 PM

I got a letter yesterday and had a look at the site before I committed myself. I decided to register and notice today a lot more have joined in too. Not much happening at the moment but it could be a good thing if it can be kept going.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It came to our area about 6 months ago and I joined. They only allow you to talk about local issues so after a while it becomes a bit boring. It can be useful if you need to know about a good, local plumber etc.
I joined my local one here a couple of years ago Alan, but it got very boring, same thing local issues all the time, and folded for what I think was lack of topics.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Yes I joined my local one. It's quite safe. It's a nice way to chat to local people.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone. I never dreamt it was so widespread. Perhaps I will join and see how it goes then.
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Today, I had a letter come through the post, asking me if I wanted to join something called Steetlife.com.
Apparently its a community social networking site for local people, but I believe they have these ' Streetlife' sites for other areas too.
We have it round here - it's really useful actually. Plus there's a lot of free stuff on offer if you happen to be interested - people trying to give away couches/beds/tables/garden stuff/kittens .. Lots of local discussions on things like airplane noise, building developments, schools. People asking for a good dentist/doctor locally; starting interest groups like walking groups.. Allsorts.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 11:16 PM

Sounds a bit like a cross between Neighborhood watch and curtain twitchers, being an anti social bloke myself i would spar wide.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top