Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

30-01-2015, 08:20 PM

New fangled devices.

It is true, I have spoilt my wife. Last christmas I bought her a lovely vacuum cleaner, you should have seen her face when she opened it. She was so surprised she went quiet and walked into the kitchen. I know it was a bit extravagant of me but who cares.
Last week she came home excited about something she saw at a neighbours house. She said there was some sort of little room with a glass door installed in this womens bathroom. It appears there was a plastic box on the wall with two small controls. There is a thick electrical cable and a water pipe going into the box and another flexible pipe coming out to a water sprinkler screwed to the wall quite high up.
The idea is you take all your clothes off, open the glass door and stand under the water sprinkler. Then you turn one of the controls clockwise and warm water pours over you from the sprinkler above. Well I cannot see this idea catching on. It must use lots of electricity and what about all the water that runs down the drain at your feet. I don't go with these new fangled devices.
Tell me, what is wrong with our tin bath in front of the woodburner. It only takes barb about 20 minutes to heat the water and fill it with a saucepan. I always let her get in it first because it's only polite and I am dirtier than her. When we have both finished she bales it out fairly quickly with a small bucket and I always hang the bath back up in the shed outside on a long nail for her.
Women a suckers for new ideas !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 08:46 PM

Re: New fangled devices.

I guess living in the wilds of Wales you haven't joined the 21st century yet.
I am quite surprised you have the electricity to actually run a vacuum cleaner. Did your OH have to beat the rugs on the clothes line & sweep the floors & clean them with mop & bucket before this?
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

30-01-2015, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I guess living in the wilds of Wales you haven't joined the 21st century yet.
I am quite surprised you have the electricity to actually run a vacuum cleaner. Did your OH have to beat the rugs on the clothes line & sweep the floors & clean them with mop & bucket before this?
And what other option does she have, besides it keeps her fit.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 09:35 PM

It reminds me of the day The Electric Lawn Mower packed up .id mown the lawns for many years ,being a good wife i did those odd jobs that got left cause after all he went out to work ,I only looked after the children ,house,, garden,and did 3 cleaning jobs in the village .
So he said he would look out for another Lawn Mower for me. Weeks went by and the Lawn started to grow so i looked out the window forlornly and asked him to get me that mower .He dutifully went off ,and returned with a old fashioned. Push mower ,look here he says what i got you , its surprising what you can pick up at the tip now days..
That mower lasted me a good few years ,before i thinks i dont need a lawn any more ,and up came the Lawn .And off went that push mower back to the tip .
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
It is true, I have spoilt my wife. Last christmas I bought her a lovely vacuum cleaner, you should have seen her face when she opened it. She was so surprised she went quiet and walked into the kitchen. I know it was a bit extravagant of me but who cares.
Last week she came home excited about something she saw at a neighbours house. She said there was some sort of little room with a glass door installed in this womens bathroom. It appears there was a plastic box on the wall with two small controls. There is a thick electrical cable and a water pipe going into the box and another flexible pipe coming out to a water sprinkler screwed to the wall quite high up.
The idea is you take all your clothes off, open the glass door and stand under the water sprinkler. Then you turn one of the controls clockwise and warm water pours over you from the sprinkler above. Well I cannot see this idea catching on. It must use lots of electricity and what about all the water that runs down the drain at your feet. I don't go with these new fangled devices.
Tell me, what is wrong with our tin bath in front of the woodburner. It only takes barb about 20 minutes to heat the water and fill it with a saucepan. I always let her get in it first because it's only polite and I am dirtier than her. When we have both finished she bales it out fairly quickly with a small bucket and I always hang the bath back up in the shed outside on a long nail for her.
Women a suckers for new ideas !
Be careful not to spoil her, little bob - I'm sure she's more than happy with the tin bath!!
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Be careful not to spoil her, little bob - I'm sure she's more than happy with the tin bath!!
I am glad there is someone who thinks like me, water sprinklers in bathrooms indeed, I have never heard anything like it. I have told her tonight while she was scrubbing my back, we certainly won't be having one of those. Lets be honest, you don't need a bath more than once a week top wack. She has reluctantly agreed .
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
It reminds me of the day The Electric Lawn Mower packed up .id mown the lawns for many years ,being a good wife i did those odd jobs that got left cause after all he went out to work ,I only looked after the children ,house,, garden,and did 3 cleaning jobs in the village .
So he said he would look out for another Lawn Mower for me. Weeks went by and the Lawn started to grow so i looked out the window forlornly and asked him to get me that mower .He dutifully went off ,and returned with a old fashioned. Push mower ,look here he says what i got you , its surprising what you can pick up at the tip now days..
That mower lasted me a good few years ,before i thinks i dont need a lawn any more ,and up came the Lawn .And off went that push mower back to the tip .
But it's the thought that counts Eliza, when he was digging out that old lawn mover from the tip, he was thinking about you. What a splendid fellow !
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 12:19 AM

I keep telling barb, she's lucky, she's got me, all i've got is her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 12:33 AM

Bet she don't know you've just said that Bob, else you'll be in trouble. You'll have to scrub your own back next week.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Bet she don't know you've just said that Bob, else you'll be in trouble. You'll have to scrub your own back next week.
Mups, I am naturally naughty, I know it, she knows it, how bad can things get. If she doesn't give me a scrub down the job just won't get done !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top