Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Nothing changes

My mum is 90 today. She got my card and one from my friend Vee. Rang her to say happy birthday and see you sunday for the family meal.

Did my brother send her a card??
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 02:57 PM

Re: Nothing changes

then we share a birthday, hope your mum is enjoying her special day
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 03:07 PM

With Stephan around, I'm sure she will, if its not harped on (the Brother)
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 03:08 PM

OG. Merely proves you are the more thoughtful Son and kudos to ya. Alas it is always the prodical progeny that gets the lions share. Yeah nowt changes much.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 03:17 PM

I could form a theory,Stuart was the first son so the first to be abused(my mum still wonders why he does not eat mashed potato)-well from what I glean it was because he was beaten by the evil one when I was 2??

I have never held back-he was evil-but I wonder if Stuart has a darker secret ................mummy why did you not stop this???

If so it`s buried so deep down-something in him does not send her a card.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 03:51 PM

OG.....I sense serious memories here...Don't go there old bud. Least ways not here. You sent your Mum a card, you showed your love. Great.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
OG.....I sense serious memories here...Don't go there old bud. Least ways not here. You sent your Mum a card, you showed your love. Great.

Probably right Adam. It will eat you away if you store it.
My brother has extremely deep-seated resentment towards me, since our childhood, and it does him no good whatsoever. He was adopted, and has always been very bitter towards me, because I wasn't - as if that's my fault!!!!!! Very sad.
At some point in life, you need to move on.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
I agree - hang onto the past and it'll hang on to you ......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:10 PM

Stephan I agree with the others, let the past go it does no good to dwell too closely on it.
As you have indicated your brother may have his own reasons for his failure to acknowledge your Mothers birthday so I wouldn't think to badly of him.

I am sure your card will have been greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your meal on Sunday
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:26 PM

My best wishes to your dear Mother OG and I hope you have a good day on Sunday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top