Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Yawning - why ?

Why do we yawn especially when someone else does ?
I've only to think of yawning - and I yawn, very discreetly, of course
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 03:51 PM

Re: Yawning - why ?

I’m convinced you have psychic powers Patsy, only this morning my grandson was here, he was getting very tired but wouldn’t take his nap, I had a brainwave and I went to youtube and got the song from the film ‘Tom Thumb’ called ‘The Yawning Man’, I had him on me lap and I played it twice, he was out before the end of the last one. If I knew how to put it up on here I would and It’s guaranteed to make you yawn.
Back to your question, I haven’t the faintest idea how yawning works but if I yawn in front of the dog he yawns too so it transfers across to some animals, there might be a clue there for the experts to work on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’m convinced you have psychic powers Patsy, only this morning my grandson was here, he was getting very tired but wouldn’t take his nap, I had a brainwave and I went to youtube and got the song from the film ‘Tom Thumb’ called ‘The Yawning Man’, I had him on me lap and I played it twice, he was out before the end of the last one. If I knew how to put it up on here I would and It’s guaranteed to make you yawn.
Back to your question, I haven’t the faintest idea how yawning works but if I yawn in front of the dog he yawns too so it transfers across to some animals, there might be a clue there for the experts to work on.
Here you are Jem ...

zzzz zzz zz ...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 04:10 PM

Thanks Mags, that'll have them all falling asleep for the rest of the afternoon.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Here you are Jem ...

zzzz zzz zz ...
Yaaaaaaaaawn ........
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 04:20 PM

That was FUNNY but, surprisingly, it didn't make me yawn. I don't about the rest of you but, everyday, I have ten minutes or so when I can't stop yawning. I seem to recall that it's something to do with excess CO2 in your bloodstream.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2015, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That was FUNNY but, surprisingly, it didn't make me yawn. I don't about the rest of you but, everyday, I have ten minutes or so when I can't stop yawning. I seem to recall that it's something to do with excess CO2 in your bloodstream.
Tut - you've started me off
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-01-2015, 04:24 PM

My God Alan you're a very composed man if that didn't make you yawn, well done you.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 04:35 PM

If we yawn, then Molly the parrot yawns.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2015, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
If we yawn, then Molly the parrot yawns.
Oh I'd love to see that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top