Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
StevemacG
New Member!
Bologna, Italy
StevemacG is male 

25-01-2015, 08:07 PM

Hello from Bologna

Hi folks,

Nice to find somewhere on the Net that isn't full of shouty young folk. And of course us more mature types never shout. Because, let's face it, it's just too much effort. At our age, it's easier just to have a bit of a grumble and then get on with it. Or something…

Anyway, although I send greetings from Bologna in Italy, I'm a Scot with two grown-up kids. Bored with the incessant cold in the Highlands, I took the plunge a couple of years back and moved to Vietnam (lovely place). Then Thailand (lovely food), and now Italy (lovely coffee). Why? Because they're there and because it's a big old world and I haven't yet seen all of it and most of all because they're all sunny! However, I'm feeling the itch to move again and I am missing that wonderful Asian sunshine. Cambodia or Laos both look kind of fun…

Isn't being old and irresponsible great?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 08:54 PM

Re: Hello from Bologna

Originally Posted by StevemacG ->
Hi folks,

Nice to find somewhere on the Net that isn't full of shouty young folk. And of course us more mature types never shout. Because, let's face it, it's just too much effort. At our age, it's easier just to have a bit of a grumble and then get on with it. Or something…

Anyway, although I send greetings from Bologna in Italy, I'm a Scot with two grown-up kids. Bored with the incessant cold in the Highlands, I took the plunge a couple of years back and moved to Vietnam (lovely place). Then Thailand (lovely food), and now Italy (lovely coffee). Why? Because they're there and because it's a big old world and I haven't yet seen all of it and most of all because they're all sunny! However, I'm feeling the itch to move again and I am missing that wonderful Asian sunshine. Cambodia or Laos both look kind of fun…

Isn't being old and irresponsible great?
I agree big time with your last paragraph.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 08:55 PM

Hello Steve welcome, I look forward to chatting with you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:02 PM

Hello Steve a warm welcome to Over50sForum...

I have a brother living 300+km north of you in Sondrio
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:08 PM

Hello Steve and a very warm welcome to you, plenty to grumble about on here, so hop in and grumble away.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:16 PM

StevemacG
Welcome

reading you post and your travels maybe a cabin cruiser would be of more use? no packing and unpacking- go where and when you want- and better sea views than any house could offer
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:35 PM

hi Steve and welcome
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:37 PM

Your life sounds like one big adventure you lucky person, you're doing what most of us can only dream of. We're mostly dreaming of sunshine here in a freezing GB right now with probably none for months. So where to for your next home?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:48 PM

Hi Steve and welcome from me too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 10:11 PM

Hi Steve, I love Italy, I've had more holidays there than anywhere else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top