Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 01:47 AM

Happy New Year?

Well folks, I hope yours has been so far better than mine.

Don't know why these things keep happening to me but, to summarise.

Last February my microwave literally blew up, then in August my washing machine packed in, then there were other little incidents.

Now, 2015, last week I opened up the lid of my chest freezer on Monday, only to find most things were in a state of de-frosting, so the freezer must have packed in at least two days before.

I emailed my friend up the road to see if she'd like to come and salvage food that had not de-frosted which she did and took away three carrier bags full of good food, but she doesn't cook and only buys food in tins, packets and microwave meals.

My cat Billie has had a field day with the left-over fish and chicken, but there was an awful lot of food that had to be thrown away, and I'm from a time when food was precious, as I'm sure most folk will agree with. There was about £300 worth in there!

Ah well, nowt to be done about that I suppose and I've arranged for my brother to take me to Curry's tomorrow to buy a new freezer - the first chance I've had.

Then, on Thursday, my computer packed in and I needed a new graphics card. S'not fair!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 01:50 AM

Re: Happy New Year?

flipping heck that's a lot of bad luck at once Mollie! I think you must be electrifying company!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 02:33 AM

Hope February is much kinder to you Mollie ......
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 02:58 AM

Me too girls, although I won't hold me breath!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 06:54 AM

You should be able to claim on your contents insurance Mollie for your freezer food .
Hope your luck changes for the best now
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:31 AM

Hi Mollie, it'sbeen like that for us the last couple of months........replacing worn out goods.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 10:17 AM

When my freezer packed up I wasn't able to claim on the insurance as my excess cancelled it out. Hope you can though. That's a blimming nuisance when that happens.

I think most of us go through phases when multiple things pack up. I'm currently researching what to do when washing machine water backs up into the kitchen sink. I want to do another load but before that I want to put down some stuff to help clear gunk out, so will pop out in a minute looking for bicarb, washing soda and white vinegar. (A quick dash tho as off out to my friends soon after.)

If that doesn't help I suppose I'll need to call my plumber to do that trick with cleaning the pipes properly, just in case there is a blockage further down.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 10:25 AM

Mollie I think these catastrophies always happen in spates. It makes you wonder what's next. Then.......it turns around :- . Hope it does for you asap!
SnazDax
Berkshire U.K.
SnazDax is male  SnazDax has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 10:28 AM

Just had to do the drain cleaning act on one of our nice cold days. it was backed up outside and put dirty water across the path. The drains were blocked with a white fat material and as meat is low on our diet I would say it was the base meterial of soap. Once cleared and flushed through main drains then backed up so out came the rods the next day.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 11:45 AM

Look on the bright side Mollie - there's nothing much left to break down now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top