Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:10 AM

Handwriting and Love Letters.

According to another survey in todays paper, men are three times as likely as women to have messy handwriting, with 13% of men admitting their is illegible.
A Graphologist said "Handwriting is an endangered art."

Also, only 48% of us have ever written a love letter because of this too.

Have you ever sent a hand written love letter?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:15 AM

Re: Handwriting and Love Letters.

Yes lots of them. To the 14 year old schoolgirl that I subsequently married. My writing is about as bad as it could be and its never been any different. More often than not I tend to print my birthday or anniversary cards just so the recipient knows who they're from!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Yes lots of them. To the 14 year old schoolgirl that I subsequently married. My writing is about as bad as it could be and its never been any different. More often than not I tend to print my birthday or anniversary cards just so the recipient knows who they're from!

Aah, you old romantic EZ.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:17 AM

Yes, and my handwriting is appalling, think my first would be around 1962. Cant remember the last time i sent one.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:56 AM

Oh my goodness yes - loads - but only when I was a teenager.
I had a holiday romance with a boy who lived some distance away from me. When we got home the love letters were flying between us.

I suppose nowadays it would have been emails and text messages.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:10 AM

It seems very few people write letters these days, love letters or indeed any letters. My postman was telling me if it wasn't for the junk mail they have to deliver he would be out of a job. What say we scrap texts and Emails and find our voices again? Now where did I put that Biro?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:28 AM

Why wait for snail-mail and pay the exorbitant postage? There's nothing to stop you hand writing a letter, scanning it and send if via an email attachment, should you wish to combine handwriting with the speed of email. The recipient can print it out. No waiting and no postage to pay, either!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:29 AM

Yes I used to write to a guy in Germany in my teens.

My hand writing is awful now, it starts off ok but after a few lines it tends to get worse. I think I get frustrated as I can't get down on the page fast enough the words that are in my mind, whereas on a computer I can.
SnazDax
Berkshire U.K.
SnazDax is male  SnazDax has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Yes, but not so many. Handwriting O.K. but spelling so, so bad (you may have noticed)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 02:02 PM

I've never had a handwritten love letter. I get daily texts, which is the "in thing" nowadays.

I suppose it's a pity, because my partner has beautiful handwriting, so much so that he was remembered in his profession for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top