Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 10:08 PM

Being a pensioner?

I can only speak for myself and realise it is not the same for everyone
For me it means no more bosses dictating how things should be done even if you know they are wrong.
Being able to get up in the morning when i feel like it (most of the time).
Having the day to wonder what to do the next day
No rushing around trying to beat the clock
no more worries about mortgages or (bills within reason that is}
doing what one wants to do or not as the case may be.

Most important of all doing what the OH says wants doing, but maybe not straight away
Hermione
United Kingdom
Hermione is female  Hermione has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 10:21 PM

Re: Being a pensioner?

Being retired means no more clock watching thats for sure.. spend time doing exactly as I please when I please.. having more time for my family and getting up and eating breakfast in the garden smelling the roses.. (in the Summer) and listening to my neighbours scraping the frost off their cars and turning over and snuggling back down ...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:35 PM

I being retired
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:43 PM

Can't speak on this as retirement is someway off, I fear retirement will involve counting.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:48 PM

I don't think I will ever get used to not working. Its not the fact that I'm a pensioner, its more that I started full time work at the age of fourteen and stopped at the age of seventy. Although I lead a very full and active life I still wake in the mornings and miss the whole going to work routine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Can't speak on this as retirement is someway off, I fear retirement will involve counting.

Counting what - the hours, the days, the pennies, the jobs to do, or all of that?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Hermione ->
Being retired means no more clock watching thats for sure.. spend time doing exactly as I please when I please.. having more time for my family and getting up and eating breakfast in the garden smelling the roses.. (in the Summer) and listening to my neighbours scraping the frost off their cars and turning over and snuggling back down ...

Mmm, I agree Hermione. Love the cold frosty mornings when I can snuggle back down now.
The only things I miss is -
1. The monthly wage coming in.
2. Sometimes I miss the laughs and companionship of the other girls.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 12:47 AM

I think this is the most care free time of my life no one is dependant on me and I can please myself (well most of the time baby sitting permitting )
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 01:04 AM

A great time in our lives. Because of retirement we have been able to visit family in Australia for long periods of time that otherwise would not have been possible. My garden is my passion and I spend most of my time there, weather permitting. We spend time with family and I enjoy cooking for them. At the moment we have few health problems, thankfully. Life has been kind and we are grateful.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mmm, I agree Hermione. Love the cold frosty mornings when I can snuggle back down now.
The only things I miss is -
1. The monthly wage coming in.
2. Sometimes I miss the laughs and companionship of the other girls.
I agree although I didn't retire, I was lucky to be able to finish work early and I've never looked back. No more clock watching, going out at night when others were getting ready for bed, the nicest part was hearing the birds sing before the sun came up, lovely and peaceful and a nice start to the day

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top