Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:15 PM

I Nearly Fell For It.

Today I checked my EHIC and found out it was out of date. I went on the internet to renew it. On googling "EHIC renewal" a whole host of websites appeared so I randomly chose one of them. I proceeded to fill in the forms on what was an official looking website until I came to the bit where they were charging me £23.50 to renew it. I remembered that the last time I renewed it there was no charge but then I thought that things might have changed. Being a cautious sort of chap I went back to the list of suitable websites and found one from the NHS which I guessed was genuine. On this site there was no charge for renewal so it seems that the other site was a con. Beware when dealing with official websites, there are always conmen waiting to take your money off you !
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:33 PM

Re: I Nearly Fell For It.

I almost got caught out with that too.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:48 PM

Yes, those types of site have been around quite a while now and cover all sorts of topics. They get away with it by charging you a fee to simply fill the form in on their website, essentially, and make their sites look as official as possible to maintain the deception.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:50 PM

Good for you Alan, you are right, there are parasites are all over the place.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:08 PM

Parasites are Suckers, Suckers are Suckers, what the Suck is going on?.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Oh silly me - I wondered what a EHIC was until I googled it.
European Health Insurance Card - well of course I should have known that!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Oh silly me - I wondered what a EHIC was until I googled it.
European Health Insurance Card - well of course I should have known that!!
Soppy date!

Goos for you Alan on checking it thoroughly. I know it's free, but probably not everybody does.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top