Join for free
Lidia
New Member!
London
Lidia is female 

23-01-2015, 06:43 PM

I want to go out of my loneliness

Hello everyone,
I look for a serious dating site for over 50 years ... and free if possible. As I did not want to test them all, I need your help ...
Thank you!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 07:27 PM

Re: I want to go out of my loneliness

I hope someone can assist but I've never used one myself and never would. Simply kick open your front door and the world is your oyster, without all that faffing about on the Internet. From what I've been told by people who have used them - only 3 or 4 people, I admit - dating sites are full of liars and basket cases. Yes, everyone has heard of someone who knows someone who had success, but those kind of people are the very lucky few.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 07:30 PM

Hi Lidia and welcome to the forum sorry this isn't a dating site but you will find that we are a friendly crowd so stay and have a chat
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 07:36 PM

I look for a serious dating site for over 50 years
Hello Lidia and welcome .
If you are looking for a dating site I would do so with great care, there are lots of sharks out there also looking but for a meal ticket rather than a partner.

I would also advise you to look for a site which requires payment because I feel doing so helps to weed out those with serious intent from the rest.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Lidia and welcome .
If you are looking for a dating site I would do so with great care, there are lots of sharks out there also looking but for a meal ticket rather than a partner.

I would also advise you to look for a site which requires payment because I feel doing so helps to weed out those with serious intent from the rest.
Very good advice MEG.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Lidia
Go out and meet people, join a club with similar interests to your own.

The first step is the hardest,but if you don't take it you will feel the same way forever.

Your local library should have a list of clubs you can join which is where I would point you in the first instance.

or you could try a single holiday for older people

good luck
Lidia
New Member!
London
Lidia is female 

23-01-2015, 08:32 PM

thank you for your answers. I am willing to pay, but some sites are far too expensive. 50plus-club.couk request £ 25 per month!
Lidia
New Member!
London
Lidia is female 

23-01-2015, 08:33 PM

my neighbor met someone special to a site, so it works for some women ...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 08:47 PM

It is just as hard, or even harder, for a man to get to know a woman. Questions are ,is she just a gold digger- is she really serious about wanting a relationship- does she think he is just out for a good time etc etc.

So it works both ways which is why I suggested a single holiday for older people (a cruise maybe?) or foreign places with such a group. Doing it this way you are with other people so more relaxed atmosphere yet a strong chance of meeting the right person.

Doing nothing gets you nowhere

For those that know me what a shock to find me being serious

Just a thought

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top