Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 04:17 PM

Persistant Cold Callers

I've found today that any support you may have been able to get regarding Cold Callers is now non-existant due to "the cuts".

Also it seems that the Neighbourhood Watch Schemes have also been hit as our one no longer exists according to the website.

I am now wondering just how many other things we've lost to "The Cuts" that our precious Coalition Government has not seen fit to inform us of.

Worth bearing in mind come Election time?! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 12:10 AM

Re: Persistant Cold Callers

We've just got a Neighbourhood Watch here Steve, it started last Autumn.
I had a wretched cold caller visit today, trying to get the job of removing moss from my roof. I expect he was a Gipsy. This is inspite of having a notice on my door saying 'No cold calling'. They are a blasted nuisance.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 01:01 AM

I have a notice on my letterbox though when there's a knock on the door I tend to look through the window first to see who it is
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 09:26 AM

Im like Honey ..I have a note on the door telling people not to call and if the bell rings I take a look and if they appear to be selling I shake my head at them and point at the notice..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Living in a flat we have security doors and they rarely get in unless some plonker answers the security phone and opens the door for them.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 11:07 AM

I've had a nice reply from the council officer apologising for this but there's nothing he can do as his department has no funds now but he's got me a sign to put up, which was a nice thought so it'll be here in a few days.

I asked him to pass on my displeasure to the Head of the Department and he told me he daren't as the man is ill with depression.

I asked him to pass on my best wishes for a recovery - seemed the human thing to do despite my misgivings. stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Living in a flat we have security doors and they rarely get in unless some plonker answers the security phone and opens the door for them.
We get that, Julie. One neighbour hates that happening and normally shouts down the stairs, 'whoever let those people in please stay with them!' Not that any resident takes a blind bit of notice.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

27-01-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I've had a nice reply from the council officer apologising for this but there's nothing he can do as his department has no funds now but he's got me a sign to put up, which was a nice thought so it'll be here in a few days. stevmk2
The sign's no good - it's instructions to Householders!

Never mind - I'll make my own - or mine the front path. stevmk2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top