Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 08:31 AM

Ouch! Need a sympathy hug please !!

Late last night, hurrying to the loo before going to bed, trying hard to avoid trampling on the cats who were both weaving in and and out of my feet - I tripped, fell, hit my head on the bookcase and stubbed my foot hard against the loo door jamb. Felt the sickening crunch of breaking bone.

Have broken my left little toe. This morning the whole side of my foot is a wonderful shade of purple and I have a black eye! Straightened toe and strapped it to the one next to it, put arnica on the bruising and an ice pack to reduce the swelling - no point bothering A & E, they would only do exactly what I have done.

Feeling sorry for myself and need a hug, please!

Who was it said that keeping cats was good for lowering blood pressure? He/she had never met my two!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 08:43 AM

Re: Ouch! Need a sympathy hug please !!

Sorry about your accident ST. A cat comes visiting us for food nearly every day and it always weaves in and out of my feet when I'm walking outside. One of these days it will bring me down.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 08:48 AM

So sorry for you ST xx
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:33 AM

hope my hug helps ST
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:38 AM

Ouch !

(((( hugs))))
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:53 AM

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Poor you! I've done that before, in a Fuertventura accommodation. Very bruised foot so bathed it in the sea. Bruise soon went, but arnica is good.

We used to have a poodle who would walk literally on our ankles when out, always causing us problems.

Hope it heals soon.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 10:02 AM

Aaah poor you. I've had broken toes too.

(((((((( HUG))))))))
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 10:08 AM

Ouch!

My cat is a weaver too, especially when I'm walking down the stairs - many a time I've had to quickly tighten my grip on the bannister,

Hope your foot heals soon, ST .... *hugs*
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 10:16 AM

Sorry to hear that ST! Your wee broken toe will be painful. Please see how it goes and attend A&E if in doubt. Especially as you hit your head,
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Oh ST, I can just feel your pain, b........... cats!!

Hope the swelling and bruising goes down soon.

Lots of HUGS to you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top