Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 08:06 PM

National Left Handers Day

Just found out it's National Left Hander's Day.

Lift your right hand to support left handers!

I'm a left hander
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 08:20 PM

Re: National Left Handers Day

Very sinister.

And italic pens as a nipper were never easy.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 08:27 PM

Sinister?

My husband was a left hander. My eldest is a left hander. It's so funny, I don't think about it, yet some people instantly realise you write with your left hand. I don't know how many times people have said that to me. Very observant. I don't think I could ever be in the CID
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:15 PM

My son was born left-handed, when he was at infant school, the teacher made him write with his right hand. Shameful, wouldn't be allowed to happen nowadays.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
My son was born left-handed, when he was at infant school, the teacher made him write with his right hand. Shameful, wouldn't be allowed to happen nowadays.
Good grief-I was born in 1953 and was always allowed to be a leftie-shame on that teacher
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:28 PM

I was forced to use my right hand - never been the same since!

I broke my right arm badly when I was 6, hit some grit on my roller skates. I was most put out as of course I could use my left hand! They were quite happy to let me do that until I was better.

My daughter was left handed. Fortunately by then, people had seen sense and took no notice.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

22-01-2015, 09:33 PM

folks who force lefties to be right can go and stick their hands in an electric socket-messing with wiring can be dangerous.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

22-01-2015, 09:35 PM

Yes, apricot, why would anyone do that? I despair,
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

22-01-2015, 09:39 PM

Even at `big school` as a leftie I had problems-try finding a fives glove or a batting glove.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
folks who force lefties to be right can go and stick their hands in an electric socket-messing with wiring can be dangerous.
For a moment I read it as messing with writing....

Which got me thinking. I've always found my writing doesn't flow and can change it's appearance daily. Hard work when writing up all that work at school. It never seemed to get a nice distinctive style as my mum, dad and sister had. Mind you very useful when decorating as I can change hands when right hand gets tired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top