Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 01:23 PM

Ford

What are Ford up to, the new Focus RS is only available in a Five Door configuration, and looks like an ST.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 03:26 PM

Re: Ford

I can't imagine what Ford are up to Paul
would you like to hazard a guess..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 05:59 PM

What I think is the three door hatch Focus in standard family guise has not been popular for some while, as such, the cost of tooling etc for this next generation Focus is not viable in three door form, the past two generations of Focus have offered a Five Door alternative in ST guise which seems to have sold quite well, so Ford are hoping the RS in Five Door form will be accepted, on the basis that it’s main competitors, the Subaru Impreza, and Mitsubishi Evo, have always been family 4/5 door extensions. What Ford maybe missing is the RS brand has always stuck to the principal that a three door bodyshell is more rigid than a five door (for handling purposes) although both are technically hatch’s, the only exception being the saloon Sierra Cosworth.
It may be a prudent investment to buy one of the last present model RS’s, and mothball it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 06:03 PM

Paul I don't really care how many doors there are as long as I can get in and out of the car

One of my past Volvos had only three doors and they were so wide if I parked the car in my tiny garage I had to climb out of the boot
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 07:26 PM

I heard you can get as many doors as you like...as long as they are black.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-01-2015, 11:14 PM

Henry did not have to worry about Torsional Rigidity, stuff like that can keep a bloke awake at night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 12:11 AM

I'd never buy a 3 door. Bloomin' nuisance having to keep getting passengers (or myself), in and out so that someone else can get in the back.
It would be like the cinema seats, where everybody has to get up to let someone else in/out.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-01-2015, 12:47 AM

Did you never live dangerously in the Cinema Mups.
Goodnight.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did you never live dangerously in the Cinema Mups.
Goodnight.

Can't see how being made to get up and down like a flippin' yoyo, living dangerously Spittie, not unless one was in the middle of a 'back row clinche'.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'd never buy a 3 door. Bloomin' nuisance having to keep getting passengers (or myself), in and out so that someone else can get in the back.
It would be like the cinema seats, where everybody has to get up to let someone else in/out.
The point is you don't take your RS to the Tea Dance, or Asda, most will never have had the rear seats sat on, in fact it would be good to remove them completely to save weight.
They are mostly used as weekend cars hence even 2008-9 examples typically have less than 40,000 mile on the clock, and change hands for circa £17k.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top