Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 11:42 PM

Smells

Reading the posts on the 'Smoking' thread, made me wonder -

What smells do you love to sniff at, and what ones do you not like?
Do smells ever remind you of people or places from the past?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 11:50 PM

Re: Smells

I love lots of different 'smells' and yes they evoke all kinds of memories

Most fresh flowers (not chrysanthemums) , the garden after rain, clean washing, bread baking and and more things too numerous to mention
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 11:51 PM

Yes definitely, smells can bring back memories. Favourite smells, new mown hay, baking, coffee, fresh laundry.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 11:56 PM

The smell of an unattended house, that is memorable.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The smell of an unattended house, that is memorable.

What do you mean, not lived in and neglected?
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 12:18 AM

Smells are very evocative. "Je Reviens" takes me right back to my yoof! Love the smell of coffee, a baby's head, horses, leather, new books, chrysanthemums (sorry Meg), oh heck, I could go on all night.

What exactly is an "unattended house"?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 12:20 AM

There were several unattended houses on the council estate where formative years were spent, each had a unique odour.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-01-2015, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I love lots of different 'smells' and yes they evoke all kinds of memories

Most fresh flowers (not chrysanthemums) , the garden after rain, clean washing, bread baking and and more things too numerous to mention

Mmm. I love all those too Meg, especially clean washing dried outdoors. I also love the smell of a Sunday roast cooking, the roses in the garden and my lavender & geranium shower gell!

Don't like heavy perfume/aftershave, the smell of gas, B.O. and exhaust fumes.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 12:50 AM

I love the smell of a freshly turned field,the smell of the earth brings back my days working in the fields .

The fresh smell of a Cotton Fabric , with its stiffness. I recall going to the market aged about 9/10 with a note on the amount to buy .

The smell of a Haystack, The Cherry Blossom on the trees ,
Honeysuckle,

The smell you get when a good Thunderstorm is about to start ,

The smell of Shoe Polish ,Brasso ,Duro-glit ,Lavender Polish ,brings back the pride i had in what i was polishing .

Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 12:54 AM

Yes love those too Eliza, some really good ones, shoe polish is a great smell and tar can be strangely attractive or is that just me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top