Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 08:59 PM

parents apart

Separated or divorced, its difficult when family celebrations happen.

One of my sons has had a huge promotion. His father is arranging a celebration. Of course, I won't be included.

Isn't it so sad that you both brought your family up together, then there's a divide?

I will have my own celebration, but I just find it very sad.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:06 PM

Re: parents apart

That is very sad,is there no way you could just for the celebration for get whats gone off in the past,just think how your son is going to feel.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:12 PM

I am on very good terms with my ex-wife and all her family. They're always glad to see me and vice versa. Family events aren't a problem because we always invite the other side if anything important crops up, like christenings and birthdays.

I admit this is not the norm!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
That is very sad,is there no way you could just for the celebration for get whats gone off in the past,just think how your son is going to feel.
Eliza, my son is okay with it, as I've always made my sons feel good about their dad and his moving on. I'm sure they'll all have a lovely time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-01-2015, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I am on very good terms with my ex-wife and all her family. They're always glad to see me and vice versa. Family events aren't a problem because we always invite the other side if anything important crops up, like christenings and birthdays.

I admit this is not the norm!
Tachyon, it is the norm for some nowadays. I think it's great to be like that. It just hasn't happened like that for us yet, but here's hoping at some point in the future
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Eliza, my son is okay with it, as I've always made my sons feel good about their dad and his moving on. I'm sure they'll all have a lovely time.
Im sure they will. But you wont be a part of it and im just welling up for you ,
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:37 PM

I attend family gatherings with my husband and my ex also comes along, we chat and then he mingles with the others so we're comfortable with each other and better for our daughter but it's taken a while to reach that position.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-01-2015, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Im sure they will. But you wont be a part of it and im just welling up for you ,
Aww thanks Eliza xx
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-01-2015, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I attend family gatherings with my husband and my ex also comes along, we chat and then he mingles with the others so we're comfortable with each other and better for our daughter but it's taken a while to reach that position.
To be comfortable with each other is such a lovely way to be.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:49 PM

It's very hard divorce, luckily me my ex-wife get on great , like really good mates , we both have our daughter interest first , then our differences if any second, I do feel for many family's that are torn apart ,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top