Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:03 AM

Light Bulbs !

My last remaining 100watt incandescent light bulb exploded all over the craft room !

I can, just about, cope with the silly low energy things elsewhere - but need a clear, bright, instant light in there for obvious reasons. Been to Sainsburys, BHS and The Range so far this morning - they no longer sell proper light bulbs. What is even worse - none of their staff could suggest what the low energy equivalent of 100watt might be ! AAaaargh - progress!!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:08 AM

Re: Light Bulbs !

I've heard that the latest low energy bulbs are a lot better these days and you can even get some 'ambience' with them. I'm afaid I have to admit, that I 'bought up' enough bulbs for the various rooms, to last me until I pop off. I like different coloured bulbs in my table lamps in the living room, again in my hall, and then there's my articifical fire etc.

I'll await the Greenies to jump on me.

I can always pop one in the post to you
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:09 AM

I agree ! The new light bulb system is maddening, another Euro ruling
We have just bought equivalent to 105 watt which is 1500 lumens (23w power use)
Hope that helps
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:10 AM

ST some of the small local hardware shops still seem to have stocks of the old bulbs available. You could try the Yellow pages to find any near you and ring to enquire.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:59 AM

I was recently told in a shop that the old-type bulbs can still be sold but not manufactured.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 12:02 PM

I like others bought up a good stock when they started to phase the old ones out. I just cannot abide the lo energy ones, I was quite horrified to see just a small one in "Wilkies" was £2.49.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 12:04 PM

I don't like low energy bulbs at all

Hope you get a decent bulb ST.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I agree ! The new light bulb system is maddening, another Euro ruling
We have just bought equivalent to 105 watt which is 1500 lumens (23w power use)
Hope that helps
Thank you, Patsy, that gives me something to go on.

Had a look on Amazon - they sell 100watt bulbs but, having read some of the customer reviews, I do not think I will risk it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

20-01-2015, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
ST some of the small local hardware shops still seem to have stocks of the old bulbs available. You could try the Yellow pages to find any near you and ring to enquire.
The hardware shop in town sells 'proper' light bulbs but do not have any 100watt ones.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 12:54 PM

I can buy 100W light bulbs locally (from a 'Nickle & Dime store). I've got a small stock of them, but the main rooms have low voltage halogen lights.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top