Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 08:42 PM

Conned by the power companies..... again

I see British Gas and E.on are to reduce the price of power to their customers and I guess the other companies will follow.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30880159

Prices coming down, that's great... isn't it
or is it ?

Yet again the power companies win because exhorted to shop around for the best deals by politicians and money saving aficionados many of us did just that and locked ourselves into a fixed rate price for a year with a penalty for changing before the fixed term is up .

Unless I am much mistaken I don't suppose a price reduction will affect those on a fixed tariff .

The customer just can't win...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 08:46 PM

Re: Conned by the power companies..... again

Nightmare - they're always on the winning side. Been with E.on for 5years so may benefit slightly but they don't give much away, do they?
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 08:51 PM

Meg I have always taken the view that if companies want to lock you into something...... it's always going to be for their benefit and not yours!

Sadly it's something that keeps getting repeated.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 09:40 PM

I've stayed with EDF all the time I've been in this flat and have never wanted to move supplier. I might benefit from lower prices, (if they bother...hope they follow suit) as I'm not on fixed contract.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 11:51 PM

Same old chestnut, reduce the price of gas in the Spring/Summertime when no one is using any, but leave the Leccy tariff the same as it's used all year round, they must think folks are stupid.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 12:26 AM

What is really annoying about power company contracts is that they can change the terms but the customer can't.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What is really annoying about power company contracts is that they can change the terms but the customer can't.

Yes, exactly Bruce. They always get calling the shots

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top