Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:05 PM

Central heating

Now the weather's getting really cold do you leave your central heating on all through the night?
We don't - never have done! We're never cold in the night because we're well covered up in bed.

Do you leave yours on all night and why?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:08 PM

Re: Central heating

No Carol I don't I like a cold bedroom and have the bedroom window open whatever the weather.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:23 PM

A case of having to for us with storage radiators - I dislike them intensly, bloomin things !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:30 PM

It would never occur to me to have the heating on all night. I never use the radiator in my bedroom, and even now only have the heating on for two or three hours in the evening.
I do like my thermal underwear, though...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No Carol I don't I like a cold bedroom and have the bedroom window open whatever the weather.
I don't go so far as having a window open but my house is Victorian, NOT double glazed and has a fireplace in the bedroom.

I think there's a goodly draught coming in and I will not have the heating on in there.

(my paternal grandfather was fond of the word 'goodly')
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Ive always left my CH on 24/7 the 3 bed end terraced house i left a year ago was cosy and warm at a temp of 18 during the night and 20 in the daytime ,we could lower each radiator to suit ourselves i would turn my Rad off in my bedroom if it was mild out and on if frosty .
In this 2 bed semi Bungalow this freezing weather we have to put the CH permenatly at 23/25 ....24/7 To keep warm , we do lower during the day when the sun get round to warm rooms up but thats not for long , .
Im not normally a cold person , but since moving here ,ive slept with socks on ,plus leggings ,and had a cold nose to the touch ,
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:41 PM

We never have the CH on through the night, I sleep better in a cool bedroom. I do switch it on as soon as I get up.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:44 PM

God no, I'd never leave it on all night. With a good duvet and nightie, why would you need to? My window is open just a crack and locked, so there's always fresh air but I couldn't sleep in a hot room.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 08:07 PM

Never leave it on all night and prefer to turn it off a couple of hours before we go otherwise it's just too warm. Since moving into our little bungalow, unlike Eliza, we have never really been cold but the whole side of the house is south facing and we have no north facing wall - maybe that helps.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 08:12 PM

Apart from the fact that I like a cold bedroom, I couldn't possibly afford to have the heating on all night!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top