Join for free
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

18-01-2015, 05:02 PM

Pushing it a bit too far.

At a time when I could not do nights as a refrigeration service engineer I decided to have a go at repairing pressure washers.
One hot June afternoon I was sent to a farm to repair a large pressure washer. The farmer was a very nice chap but he seemed a bit concerned as soon as I started speaking to him.
" You are a bit heavy boy " he said " yes I am sir " I replied with a smile " and you look a bit red in the face " he said again, there was a small pause as I started to strip down the pressure washer then he said " I hope you don't mind me asking but are you diabetic boy " " well yes I am sir " I said " I have been diabetic for some time now " he seemed pleased with my reply, almost relieved that I was not offended with his questions. There was another pause, I really did not mind because I had to figure out what was wrong with the machine. He then said " my father died of diabetes in the spring he was only 55 and he was just like you. " " well I am very sorry to hear that sir, that is so young" I said, he seemed very pleased with my reply and there was another long silence. He then came closer to the machine and looked very thoughtful " mind you a bottle of gin a day didn't help him you know" he said, still looking down at the floor " and I suppose sixty fags a day wasn't no good either" at this point I dropped my spanner sixty fags a day when he was diabetic, this guy was having a laugh. Then he said " mind you we gave the old boy a good send off, took me two days to get over the hang over, he would have enjoyed it, if he could have been there. Suppose I had better get checked up meself some day" Well what can you say?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top