Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 05:20 AM

That dam bird.

So there we were, sitting on the sofa enjoying the X factor final. Suddenly the sceen on the TV started to pixelate and the sign cam up in the middle saying bad signal. Babs my wife said " looks like we are in for some bad weather again" I could not believe it. The very night I wanted to watch TV and it goes on the blink, " wait a minute" I said, I jumped out of my chair, went out to the front door, opened and slammed it. Barb shouted out, " O that is better " as I got back into the room she said " gone again " and I was back to square one again. " I no what it is" I said " it's that dam bird sitting on the satalite dish again " I went to the front door again, this time with a torch and water in a spray gun that barb uses to water the house plants. As I shone the torch upwards I could she the dam bird sitting on the satalite dish receiver. I sprayed the water, the bird swaked and it flew off, cracked it I thought. As I returned to the room where barb was sitting she shouted "gone again" I ran back to the front door clutching my weapon but not bothering with the torch this time. I sprayed and sprayed and again heard the flap of wings. I thought I would wait a few minutes to see if he was going to come back again. I shouted to barb "is it still OK " she said it was and so I decided the job was done. As I walked back into the room I was horrified to see the credits coming up on the screen. I had missed the end of X factor. What a downer, the bird had won. I was so fed up I made us a cup of tea and then went to bed. Dam bird!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 08:05 AM

Re: That dam bird.

What a shame! You'll have to watch it on catch up TV Bob!
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 08:11 AM

Alice, Barb has said this to me but I don't know how to do it, do you have to connect the TV to the internet. We are on freesat, it's a mystery to me. I used to watch a lot of TV but these days I just watch the odd program and the news. I would much prefer to talk to someone like you, I find it much more interesting. Most TV programs they put on are repeats anyway.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 08:29 AM

Relax Bob, I watched the final and I've already forgot who won.
I rarely forget a Bird though
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 08:31 AM

I think you have the right attitude mate.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Bob what was this bird. Was it a Eagle, a Vulture or a Crow????
Made my day and I like a good laugh. It was Ben who won the final
and Fleur came second.

To access recorded programmes, press ‘MEDIA’ on your remote. This will bring up the ‘MEDIA LIST’ list recorded programmes, which are automatically organised in folders. All programmes of the same name will be placed in the same folder, with the number of episodes available. Under the folder all the episodes are displayed, with date, programme length and the channel recorded from displayed.
By highlighting the desired programme and pressing ‘OK’, a window will be displayed called ‘PLAY OPTION’. Here you can choose to Pay from start, resume play, delete or rename the file, protect to avoid deleting.
Recordings of the same series will placed in the same folder.
The number of recorded episodes is displayed next to the folder name.

Hope this helps
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 09:30 AM

Thank you for your help, I will give it a go.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:36 AM

*chuckles*
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 09:39 AM

It's bad when you are beaten by a jackdaw
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 09:41 AM

The dam bird is a Jackdaw, a very arrogant Jackdaw !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top