Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Roll on spring

When are we gonna have a thaw ?

I thought I thaw a thaw the other day but it came to nothing, there's nothing worth than a non-thaw ith there.

Would you believe we have an Orchid in bloom in the blooming bathroom, . . I'll take a photo of it tomorrow, . . it's a nice white one to match the snow outside.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Re: Roll on spring

Originally Posted by nero ->
When are we gonna have a thaw ?

I thought I thaw a thaw the other day but it came to nothing, there's nothing worth than a non-thaw ith there.

Would you believe we have an Orchid in bloom in the blooming bathroom, . . I'll take a photo of it tomorrow, . . it's a nice white one to match the snow outside.
Spring seems a long way off at the moment, we're supposed to be having another fall of snow tonight

I also have an orchid in full bloom, Nero ....... it really brightens a dismal day!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:25 PM

I can see the grass thru' the snow here now but the pavements are still very slippy!! I think the council has run out of gritters, never mind grit! It was a wee bit warmer today though - I had to put my heating down as it was nearly 90 in here in my living room (I could grow palm trees in here)

Never thought I would hear myself say it, but I too wish the Spring was here! Although I remember years ago here it snowed in June!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:54 PM

I just can't wait for it all to get back to normal, and I can go looking around the shops once again. At the moment I just go food shopping when I can and that's it. I'm terrified of driving and walking in ice and snow. I feel sorry for the OAP's, they can't go out at all at the moment.

I hope it doesn't snow tonight

(Sorry if I whinge alot about the snow, I'm a free spirit and I don't like to be trapped in one place).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I just can't wait for it all to get back to normal, and I can go looking around the shops once again. At the moment I just go food shopping when I can and that's it. I'm terrified of driving and walking in ice and snow. I feel sorry for the OAP's, they can't go out at all at the moment.

I hope it doesn't snow tonight

(Sorry if I whinge alot about the snow, I'm a free spirit and I don't like to be trapped in one place).
I know the feeling Alicat, I too wish I could get into town and look at the shops ........ that's delayed yet again as it has just started snowing again here
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I know the feeling Alicat, I too wish I could get into town and look at the shops ........ that's delayed yet again as it has just started snowing again here
Oh bloomin' heck Mags, it said the South West was going to get it this evening. Your heart just sinks when it starts snowing doesn't it

Were supposed to be getting some about 3.00 this morning, deep joy
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Mags, we need a pic of that orchid to brighten up the day! I have buds on 5 of the old amaryllis that Summered outdoors and one on the new one ... can hardly wait for them to bloom!

Alicat, I think most of us whinge about the snow; I know I do, on and on! I hate the stuff and being trapped indoors.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

12-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Mags, we need a pic of that orchid to brighten up the day! I have buds on 5 of the old amaryllis that Summered outdoors and one on the new one ... can hardly wait for them to bloom!

Alicat, I think most of us whinge about the snow; I know I do, on and on! I hate the stuff and being trapped indoors.
I have an Amaryllis in flower as well Eileen .......I'll take some pics of that and the orchid tomorrow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Oh good, Mags! Is that last years amaryllis or did you get one at Christmas?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

12-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh good, Mags! Is that last years amaryllis or did you get one at Christmas?
It's a new bulb Eileen ........ the two I had last year produced lots of tall leaves but no buds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top