Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Islamic group banned

A move in the right direction IMO, . . the IUK has been banned, . . this is the group who planned to march through Wooton Basset, the town where our fallen soldiers return to from Afghanistan for burial in their home land.

Some of the nastiest members in the UK are involved with this group, . . if they want to protest let them sod off to Afghanistan and fight their Jihad instead of living here with their hands out grabbing benefits off our government.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:02 PM

Re: Islamic group banned

The thing that got up my nose is when, after they were fined one of the men from that group said something along the lines of 'we will expose the British military/govt for killing people in OUR land'. If they consider that to be their land why don't they just eff off there? What are they doing here if they hate it so much?

Now I don't agree with the war myself (as I wouldn't any similar 'war' in any country under similar circumstances) but it really does rile me when people say stuff like that - it's like they only give a damn _because_ they consider it 'their' land

Also, when that conservative peer got pelted with eggs some of the youths said something like 'are you for sharia law or not? I would have said, well if you want to live in the dark ages I'm sure we can ship you off to some forest cut-off from the rest of civilisation without electricity, clean water, sewage, televisions, technology, all the mod-cons etc etc etc and we're gladly throw away the key!!!

Do you think I should stand for PM?
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

12-01-2010, 07:08 PM

I'm not so sure, I think they never had any intention of being there, just chasing the publicity which they have now achieved. It would have been enough to issue a ban on the day if need be to stop them parading. Now they have been made world famous and folks in Afghanistan,Iraq and Iran will be doing somersaults. If the ban is successful and they are serious, it will just drive them underground and make it more difficult to keep an eye on them.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:11 PM

PS forgot to add re the banning itself - personally I am all for free-speech, but if there are going to be bannings then there should be one rule for all - that means the BNP should be banned as well!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

Do you think I should stand for PM?
Absolutely Azz, . . this government have made a right mess over in Afghanistan, . . we need to extricate ourselves from it all.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 01:30 PM

Think this is a knee jerk reaction by a stupid Gov, no way should they be banned for saying these things even though they are repugnant to level headed people.

The greatest threat democracy ever face since Hilter was from that Commie Scargil and his ideal to turn this country over to Starlisam he was never banned and he was a dammed site more dangerous than the BNP or this Muslim.

Mind you its all down to who you admire
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2010, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
PS forgot to add re the banning itself - personally I am all for free-speech, but if there are going to be bannings then there should be one rule for all - that means the BNP should be banned as well!

Why should the British National Party be banned..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top