Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:16 PM

A nice story (well I think so anyway)

Last week a young Kenyan friend returned home to Nairobi after 12 years of living in Brazil and Chile without even one visit home (due to finances). Heīs been studying very hard for the 12 years away and has obtained degrees in journalism and law. His first night back home with his family his mother spent the whole night laying on his bed, she couldnīt quite believe he was home again and didnīt want him to disappear during the night He is now coming up for 30 years of age. Kevinīs mother has taken 2 months off work so that she can spend her time taking Kevin to visit family and friends, she is so very proud of him. Itīs party, party, party in Nairobi.....and Iīm missing it all

Kevin will be taking up a position with the Kenyan Government in a couple of months time and Iīm sure he will do very well. He now speaks fluent Portuguese, Spanish and English, as well as his own Swahili language. Iīve watched him change from a very nervous young man going abroad on a scholarship to a confident and very intelligent man who sent me a lovely bouquet today thanking me for my help and support to him over the past 12 years and for being there to talk to when he was feeling really down.

I wish him all the luck in the world in his forthcoming career.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:25 PM

Re: A nice story (well I think so anyway)

That s really heart-warming.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:26 PM

A very touching story ,i wish him lots of luck and Happiness ,i can understand his Mother being so proud.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:31 PM

I think thats a brilliant story Loretta, a young man reaping the rewards of his labours and making his family and friends so proud of him, I wish him continued success and happiness. We could do with more of these nice stories, God knows we get plenty of the bad ones.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:40 PM

A very nice story amongst the bad ones on here! Good luck to him.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:43 PM

A lovely story ... I wish your young friend all the luck in the world.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:55 PM

Lovely story, wish him all the luck in the world, he deserves it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 05:58 PM

Great story Loretta - gives yer heart a lift - I'm absolutely thrilled for the family and Kevin
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Last week a young Kenyan friend returned home to Nairobi after 12 years of living in Brazil and Chile without even one visit home (due to finances). Heīs been studying very hard for the 12 years away and has obtained degrees in journalism and law. His first night back home with his family his mother spent the whole night laying on his bed, she couldnīt quite believe he was home again and didnīt want him to disappear during the night He is now coming up for 30 years of age. Kevinīs mother has taken 2 months off work so that she can spend her time taking Kevin to visit family and friends, she is so very proud of him. Itīs party, party, party in Nairobi.....and Iīm missing it all

Kevin will be taking up a position with the Kenyan Government in a couple of months time and Iīm sure he will do very well. He now speaks fluent Portuguese, Spanish and English, as well as his own Swahili language. Iīve watched him change from a very nervous young man going abroad on a scholarship to a confident and very intelligent man who sent me a lovely bouquet today thanking me for my help and support to him over the past 12 years and for being there to talk to when he was feeling really down.

I wish him all the luck in the world in his forthcoming career.

Oh how wonderful !!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 06:30 PM

He sounds a lovely young man who deserves all he has worked hard for. Good luck to him in everything he does...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top