Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 09:11 AM

the toothbrush theory

My partner is exceptionally tidy. Everything is found un its rightful place. he always knows where to look for something. He says its the toothbrush theory, because we always know where our toothbrush is!

I'm not quite as tidy and regimented as that. Took me flippin ages to find the sellotape to wrap my Christmas presents!

what are you?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 09:19 AM

Re: the toothbrush theory

We're both methodical with things but occasional something is not where it's supposed to be and a frantic hunt to locate it takes place.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 09:37 AM

Alan, I'm trying to get more methodical. I've had huge clear outs and that's helped.

My partner also feels that its a legacy from being in the services. He's probably right.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 10:05 AM

My husband has aspergers so he is very methodical and everything has a place - me I can never find anything which drives him mad
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 10:58 AM

I am fanatical about everything being in the right place and yes I do have a place for everything

I recently got rid of my heavy writing desk in which a large number of things were stored and gave them all 'a new home' in the little bedroom which is now an office. Since then I can't find some things beacuse I can't remember where the 'new home ' is
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 11:49 AM

I combine both sides, my home is chaos but everything has its place, cant be doing with orderly, far too Margot Leadbeatter, give me Barbara Good every day, burn surburbia and all its works.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 12:18 PM

What looks like clutter to someone else, is perfectly organised to me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 12:35 PM

Is it possible to have organised clutter? I am always putting things away safely, then not knowing where that safe place is!

I am in the throes of renewing my car insurance (only got 6 days left! Eeeek). I have been trying to locate the envelope, or paper, on which I wrote the settlement date and amount, of when I backed into a car on the last day of a caravan holiday. I've found a calendar that gives me the date but if an insurance company wants to know how much it was I don't have a full figure.

I can't remember how many years of past accidents they ask. This was in July 2013. I know information is shared on a database so wonder if the information is out there anyway? It won't help for online form filling...say using comparison websites.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What looks like clutter to someone else, is perfectly organised to me.
That sounds like me too, Mups!
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 02:04 PM

I know where everything is, and everything has it's place, in particular the bedroom.......I can get totally dressed for work in complete darkness................much to the annoyance of "her to be obeyed", who can not do a thing without "Stalag 17" lighting system.................and she gets up 2 hours before me...............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top