Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 07:01 PM

When did Angels change their sex?

An quirky question came up today in the pub, I’m sorry to say not one of the old lads gave me an answer that satisfied my curiosity. I was looking at the large angel figure they have on top of the Christmas tree and noticed the angel was a woman, in fact every angel you see anywhere are females, in films, pantomimes, plays, on Christmas cards etc., I have read the Bible several times and all the angels mentioned therein are MALE, who decided to change them into FEMALES? can you name one female angel? I can name several males including Lucifer.
All angels are men but I have to say not all men are angels.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 07:05 PM

Re: When did Angels change their sex?

Well I know why with regards to the Christmas tree fairy, Santa had a tiff with his missus - and there she is as a result !
Its a good question and can only surmise we didn't think it fitting to have a guy in a fairy frock .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well I know why with regards to the Christmas tree fairy, Santa had a tiff with his missus - and there she is as a result !
Its a good question and can only surmise we didn't think it fitting to have a guy in a fairy frock .....
I went out of me way to avoid any tiffs with the missus this year, I have a very sensitive backside.

Perhaps angels were the first extraterrestrial gays left floating around the universe for committing what was then a deadly sin? Then in the middle ages the church decided they couldn’t have the faithful believing that anything as sacred as an angel could be gay so they portrayed them as Women in dresses?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I went out of me way to avoid any tiffs with the missus this year, I have a very sensitive backside.

Perhaps angels were the first extraterrestrial gays left floating around the universe for committing what was then a deadly sin? Then in the middle ages the church decided they couldn’t have the faithful believing that anything as sacred as an angel could be gay so they portrayed them as Women in dresses?
Oooo - on yer head be it -
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-12-2014, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oooo - on yer head be it -
Ah but I said ‘Perhaps’, that’s the built in cop out clause.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2014, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah but I said ‘Perhaps’, that’s the built in cop out clause.
I hope so, otherwise early night for you !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 09:13 PM

I don't know about angels - have to say I always imagined there were male and female angels otherwise how could they make the TV show Touched by an angel !

But having a quick google I found out why the fairy is on top of the Christmas tree http://www.storystar.com/php/read_st...?story_id=3630 bit rude at the end sorry.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-12-2014, 09:48 PM

The poor angels seem to be getting it from all angles tonight.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 10:49 PM

Kurt Angle is a bloke, and always has been I think.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't know about angels - have to say I always imagined there were male and female angels otherwise how could they make the TV show Touched by an angel !

But having a quick google I found out why the fairy is on top of the Christmas tree http://www.storystar.com/php/read_st...?story_id=3630 bit rude at the end sorry.
Thank you Julie for enlightening us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top