Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 08:50 AM

'Tired' tuesday

-morning all -of course I'm speaking personally --hope you lot are all full of beans [well not literally!]
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 09:01 AM

Re: 'Tired' tuesday

Morning Christian morning all

Also feeling tired, two puppies racing around, climbing onto furniture and generally getting into trouble, its exhausting. Thank goodness they zonk out every now and again.

Not much happening today, I have been taking the dogs out in pairs for shorter walks as its so slippery. They seem happy with the arrangements, its so cold on their paws.

Keep safe and have a good day all.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 09:43 AM

Good morning all.
*Mild* again here and it seems the predicted 'snow event' will not be as severe as previously anticipated and is likely through the night anyway. Looking ahead, the weekend, though not pleasant, with fog and/or rain, is predicted at 6/7C ... Balmy!
Still waiting for our suitcases to come back from their holiday
I keep promising/threatening to sort through wardrobes and drawers and send unwanted clothes to the charity shops/collection bins - maybe that will be my task for the day?
Keep warm; keep safe

Edit: Well, 3 bags of stuff (good stuff too - office wear) ready to go to the charity shop. I'll polish my halo! I will also try to stick to the 'one item comes in - one item goes out' mantra, to save getting over-provided. I don't understand where it all comes from really - I'm not a great shopper and, at present, I seem to live on jeans and a fleece jumper anyway
Now, to Wii .....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Morning Christian and All

I'm still not feeling very good but did have two slices of toast this morning with a little butter and it has stayed down! A nice wee cup of tea as well! The parrots enjoyed their toast as well

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Take care and stay warm and safe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 01:42 PM

Not so cold here though the ice is still covering the pavements.

At long last our refuse bin has been emptied today after 5 weeks We only had the one binful to be collected as OH took the overspill to the tip. Some houses had 4 or more sacks beside their bins and it was good to see the collectors forgoing their 1 bin rule and taking any excess.

Keep warm everyone and I hope the poorly people will feel better soon...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 05:19 PM

More of the same weatherwise, -3 (26 F), but winds abated so not as bitter. Finally ventured out to the market, felt good to get out of the house finally; stocked up on fresh produce. The freeze in Florida is going to drive up the prices, unfortunately. The mini-thaw they keep predicting has been rescheduled to tomorrow; will believe it when I feel it! No news otherwise.

Good for you, DM, I keep saying I need to donate unused clothes too, especially office wear but never get around to it; you've inspired me! Brandykins, glad you're feeling better! Chr1st1an, I plan to be full of beans later ... having pasta e fagioli for dinner tonight.

Hope the weather isn't too awful, we really are due a break, Stay warm and dry, all!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 05:27 PM

G'day all, . . late again, . . re: beans, . . they give you a lift, if you get my drift, Chris.

Looks like a frost tonight, a strong east wind's blowing (no I aint been eating beans)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 07:55 PM

It's snowing again here and it's beginning to settle I can't wait to see the back of this awful weather now, enough is enough!

Oh to wake up to glorious sunshine soon!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 09:46 PM

The sun is shining here, Mags, but it's only inched up a degree: -2. When will it end?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 10:35 PM

Evening all-hoping all OFFers who are not feeling well are feeling a little better.

Its blowing a very cold icy wind here and has been all day. Did manage to drive down to work-didn't really feel like going in but Claim Forms have built up and I am very much aware that clients are wanting their money asap especially as its just after Christmas and I don't think its much fun sitting at home in the warmth, curling up with my Hatti girl and feeling sorry for myself is it-or is it??? Mmmmmm...maybe tomorrow especially if it does snow.........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top