Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 03:37 PM

Christmas Jumpers

If you got a present of a jumper for Christmas and you hated it and looked ridiculous wearing it, would you wear it?
This situation arose in our house on Christmas Day, my son was sent a jumper (he detests those silly Christmas jumpers with snowmen, holly berries, Santa’s, and fir trees, etc. splattered all over them) from his Sister in law in Rome, his wife was filming the events in our house that day to send on to her family back in Rome, so he had no escape, he had to wear it all day until the filming was done, to make things worse the jumper was tight fitting and his belly stuck out like a pregnant Woman’s, my heart was bleeding for him underneath my laughing.
SimplyRobin
United Kingdom
SimplyRobin is female 

29-12-2014, 03:48 PM

Re: Christmas Jumpers

I wouldn't. I can recall my late mother in law used to buy
her grandchilden one every year but when my daughter got
a certain age she used to take it back saying it was too small. I dont think I would have dared, she was quite a forceful woman
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SimplyRobin ->
I wouldn't. I can recall my late mother in law used to buy
her grandchilden one every year but when my daughter got
a certain age she used to take it back saying it was too small. I dont think I would have dared, she was quite a forcefull woman
Funny thing Doreen, before he got married he was very fashion conscious and particular about what he wore, it’s amazing what a Woman can do to change things around.
SimplyRobin
United Kingdom
SimplyRobin is female 

29-12-2014, 04:00 PM

Made me laugh that because you usually find anyway that
the wife chooses the clothes
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
If you got a present of a jumper for Christmas and you hated it and looked ridiculous wearing it, would you wear it?
This situation arose in our house on Christmas Day, my son was sent a jumper (he detests those silly Christmas jumpers with snowmen, holly berries, Santa’s, and fir trees, etc. splattered all over them) from his Sister in law in Rome, his wife was filming the events in our house that day to send on to her family back in Rome, so he had no escape, he had to wear it all day until the filming was done, to make things worse the jumper was tight fitting and his belly stuck out like a pregnant Woman’s, my heart was bleeding for him underneath my laughing.

Id probably wear it for the day and then give it to Charity ,Its a shame when you get something you dislike or do not want ,so the best thing to do is drop a few hints at what you really like ,,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 04:04 PM

As we make our own presents sometimes, just occasionally, there have been odd things we have all had to wear or use that really should never have seen daylight LOL I am still wearing each year a pair of gloves (best warm ones I have for dog walking) which have 6 fingers on one hand - not quite sure what the maker was trying to tell me with that one. So yes I would wear anything given with love, it's the thought that matters after all
Oh and my husband has a jumper with one arm longer than the other, when ever it comes out we try to make him stand so it isn't noticeable
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-12-2014, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As we make our own presents sometimes, just occasionally, there have been odd things we have all had to wear or use that really should never have seen daylight LOL I am still wearing each year a pair of gloves (best warm ones I have for dog walking) which have 6 fingers on one hand - not quite sure what the maker was trying to tell me with that one. So yes I would wear anything given with love, it's the thought that matters after all
Oh and my husband has a jumper with one arm longer than the other, when ever it comes out we try to make him stand so it isn't noticeable
:lol Have to laugh at the glove with six fingers Julie, reminded me of that old film “The Beast with Five Fingers”
Some men would wear anything for love, I’ve witnessed quite a few sights in me day.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 04:27 PM

No - I wouldn't wear anything garish - oh no .........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-12-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
No - I wouldn't wear anything garish - oh no .........
Not even for love Patsy?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Not even for love Patsy?
No - not even then
I see nice things for me Hubs that would look great on him - will he wear them 'no' - so same goes for me ..........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top