Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 01:47 PM

This week

Meaning the week between Christmas and New Year.

Do you earmark it for any particular activities or have any routines for this week? Or do you just go with the flow of holiday mode?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 01:52 PM

Re: This week

Well in this house you'd never know who'd drop in out of the blue, so I normally just go with the flow Ania, make any plans and they are bound to go astray.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 01:54 PM

Sounds good, Jem. Enjoy yourself!
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 01:55 PM

No special plans here, other than doing some of those jobs I've been putting off since this time last year!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

27-12-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
No special plans here, other than doing some of those jobs I've been putting off since this time last year!
That sounds very familiar to me…but I'm sure I can put off jobs for another year.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 02:01 PM

I don't really have any plans but I am doing 'a big cook' with meat from the freezer in case the weather turns nasty .

Have also searched out a holiday cottage for the family which my son will pay for, just waiting for confirmation of the booking now.

I hate this week, it's like being becalmed in the Doldrums unable to move. Roll on next week and normality
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 02:25 PM

I still have my weekly acupuncture session to look forward to (!), on Wednesday. Other than that, just normal days for me.

Sleep, cook, eat, watch telly, surf t'internet, go out. And repeat...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 02:40 PM

A full week for me our son is coming this evening to stay for a few days .... then Thursday I'm cooking a full turkey roast for all the family to start the New Year off, with crackers and tree presents.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A full week for me our son is coming this evening to stay for a few days .... then Thursday I'm cooking a full turkey roast for all the family to start the New Year off, with crackers and tree presents.
That sounds lovely Mags I am tempted to do something similar but won't in case the weather gets nasty and I can't get out to shop for food....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Meaning the week between Christmas and New Year.
Do you earmark it for any particular activities or have any routines for this week? Or do you just go with the flow of holiday mode?
Well I'm back at work on Monday 'til Wednesday orang then I'm off again 'til the following Monday.

For me, once Christmas Day and Boxing Day's over, then New Year of course, that's it - head down, beaver-away until the Easter Holidays, unless you've got some holiday time in reserve!

For me this is my penultimate working year and my count-down's already started as, from today, it's 622 days more and I'm officially a State Pensioner.

I can't wait to be honest. stevmk2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top