Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:14 PM

What a Nincompoop.

I sellotaped a little brown envelope to my front letterbox with a small Christmas tip for my Saturday paper boy.
It was perfectly safe and couldn't be seen from the street or passers by.

Half an hour later I went and got it in again - it is only Tuesday!!!

Am I beyond help?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:16 PM

Re: What a Nincompoop.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I sellotaped a little brown envelope to my front letterbox with a small Christmas tip for my Saturday paper boy.
It was perfectly safe and couldn't be seen from the street or passers by.

Half an hour later I went and got it in again - it is only Tuesday!!!

Am I beyond help?
No im sure you can be fixed Mups, but your having one hell of a week. BTW i used to deliver papers and loved my tips, however i never felt comfortable taking them pinned to a door, always worried they were not for me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:21 PM

That's very encouraging knowing I can be fixed Nom, I feel better already.

I did write on the envelope, so he needn't worry whether it's for him or not.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:29 PM

I'm all upside down with days this week too, that always happens when we have bank holidays I get all confused about who is working which day and then forget what day of the week it actually is
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:38 PM

Don't worry. I think it's such a busy time of the year and we don't quite know if we're coming or going . You're not alone Mups
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:41 PM

Don't worry about it Mups, it happens to everyone during Christmas week, too many thoughts going through the mind at once.
Phyllis got into a bit of a panic earlier today, she went to the cupboard to get her tablets, she has to take two a day, and they were not in the usual place, she searched everywhere then decided she must have accidentally thrown them in the bin, she went around to the Chemist and the chap there fixed her up with a few tablets until her prescription comes though next week. When she got home she collected a few things for the washing machine and as usual went through any pockets and there in her apron pocket was the box of tablets.
There is far too much unnecessary stress put on people at Christmas time I think.

Strange how that word you used 'Nincompoop' was going through my brain all morning then it appears on a thread.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 04:15 PM

I'm sure you're psychic Jem .......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Don't worry about it Mups, it happens to everyone during Christmas week, too many thoughts going through the mind at once.
There is far too much unnecessary stress put on people at Christmas time I think.
Everyone goes about like headless chickens on the run up to Christmas. What should be a peaceful time of year is absolute pandemonium for most . It's a shame.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-12-2014, 05:31 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;579120]Don't worry about it Mups, it happens to everyone during Christmas week, too many thoughts going through the mind at once.
Phyllis got into a bit of a panic earlier today, she went to the cupboard to get her tablets, she has to take two a day, and they were not in the usual place, she searched everywhere then decided she must have accidentally thrown them in the bin, she went around to the Chemist and the chap there fixed her up with a few tablets until her prescription comes though next week. When she got home she collected a few things for the washing machine and as usual went through any pockets and there in her apron pocket was the box of tablets.

Strange how that word you used 'Nincompoop' was going through my brain all morning then it appears on a thread.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit spooky Jem.

Good job the pills didn't get as far as the washing machine!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 05:39 PM

That's a bit spooky Jem.

Yes Mups, I was wondering how it was spelt and I jotted down several times how I thought it was spelt, that was at probably between 10-11am this morning.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top