Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 03:52 PM

A happy tale and a caution for Christmas

A Happy tale and a caution for Christmas

The happy bit ( or one of them)

I went out for the first time in months, I am not counting trips to the shop or the Doctors. This was a first time trip just for fun. You see I have been ill and not able to get around very much. A complete stranger walked up and asked if I needed help, I could have cried, there are still so many good people in this world.

The warning bit

I admit that by the end of the day I was very tired and not really with it. We had to stop at the shop for a few emergency supplies. Perhaps in hindsight I should just have gone straight home but we can always be wise after the event can't we? Trolled around the shop and saw the first cashier was free whilst all the others had big queues ( should this have triggered an alarm bell?) and jumped in to pay, this is where it all went wrong, somehow my card kept being refused, went to pay cash and didn't quite have enough so ended up with my bank card that worked. Whilst this was going on both the cashier and another customer kept badgering me, understandable it seemed given the circumstances. Then my brain ckicked in, this stranger told me that she worked for a bank and to give her my PIN number. ..... WHAT? I quickly retrieved my card, the cashier by this time sneering, gave me my receipts. I turned away to put my gloves on The pair were chatting and it appeared to me that they were friends. I have since checked my accounts and they are in order. This incident was probably just me being dopey but ........ who knows?

Another happy bit

I have since been to the clinic and have at last had the cancer all clear, just before Christmas, I cannot stop grinning ...

Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 04:00 PM

Re: A happy tale and a caution for Christmas

The last sentence is the best one to read, congratulations!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
The last sentence is the best one to read, congratulations!
I will second that.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 04:10 PM

Wonderful news Myth and Magic - a truly great Christmas gift !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 04:14 PM

I sympathize, but the last sentence is a wonderful Christmas gift M&M, so i hope you soon begin to enjoy it in full.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Maggie - its a good warning to give as there are scams where they watch you in the supermarket check-out.
Now - that last sentence, well me heart lifted with joy - well done gal xx
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
A Happy tale and a caution for Christmas

The happy bit ( or one of them)

I went out for the first time in months, I am not counting trips to the shop or the Doctors. This was a first time trip just for fun. You see I have been ill and not able to get around very much. A complete stranger walked up and asked if I needed help, I could have cried, there are still so many good people in this world.

Another happy bit

I have since been to the clinic and have at last had the cancer all clear, just before Christmas, I cannot stop grinning ...

Excellent news,very very pleased for you.
Happy christmas.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 04:49 PM

That last bit is great news Maggie, like taking a ton weight off your shoulders, good for you.
Yes I too find there are still plenty of good decent people left in the world today, so that's a hopeful thought for the future.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Thank you all for your kind wishes

Remember 'Lets be careful out there' (Hillstreet Blues - Sergeant )
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 05:42 PM

Wonderful news and thank you for the warning !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top