Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 10:59 PM

Another problem tonight.

What's going on with me lately?
The trip to Northampton where I couldn't get out the loo's, then the trip to Bedford where I couldn't get out of the multi-storey, then tonight I turned the kitchen tap off and suddenly there was such a 'clonk' and the tap shot on full force, splashing me, and splashing all over the floor. I tried to turn it off but the thing just kept spinning in my hand and refused to turn off.
It was the hot tap as well, so the boiler went into overdrive, and I also had the washing machine running at the time, and this was about to empty and refill. The running water would not have allowed the machine to fill and it would have cut out.
I took the cap off the top of the tap because I knew there was a screw inside and thought it just needed tightening as it did once before, then discovered if I pushed hard on the screwdriver, the water stopped, but as soon as I let go it burst out again! So I tried to balance a brick on top of the tap and I also put one of those old metal flat irons on top of the brick to try and hold it down again, as my arm was aching, but all it did was slow it a little, it wouldn't stop the flow altogether.
I ended up having to call an emergency plumber out at 8.30pm because I couldn't leave it gushing hot water like that all night. This is going to cost me a pretty penny I'll bet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 11:22 PM

Re: Another problem tonight.

You do seem to be having a run of bad luck Mups, I’m sorry to hear the latest, I’m afraid I’d be the same as you with taps, I haven’t a clue about them either and would have had to call a plumber out, I hope he goes easy on you seeing it’s Christmas time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 11:39 PM

It maybe time to Stop Cock.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Sounds like the washer worn , ,it pays to know where to turn your water off for in case anything like this happens again .chin up Mups it can only get better ,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 12:09 AM

Aw Mups I had that happen once with a tap in the kitchen and I was so shocked I just stood there like an idiot watching water jetting out then sprung to action and turned off the stop cock.
I hope that is an end to your little disasters now....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 01:06 AM

Oh dear... Let's hope this will be the last of your bad luck Mupps.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 08:57 AM

Well - that is your third one, Mups, so things should start improving now !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 09:14 AM

Oh Mups you are having a run of bad luck, hopefully it's over now !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 09:58 AM

Mups - that's it - bad run over !
We have 2 isolators fitted under the sink, one for hot tap one for cold. It would have been so simple for you to turn off.
Things will get better now, once this is sorted x
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 10:17 AM

Aww Mups! Yes, sometimes you feel you can't be kicked down any further . I usually find you go through spells of that, then things change . Hope life treats you better soon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top